Hi, problem with misaligned Maxima 1996 VQ30DE crankshaft, pinching REF sensor.

Discuss topics related to the VQ series engine.
corawilliam
Car: Nissan maxima 1996 vq30de

Hi, I am having a problem with the crankshaft pulley. I have a Nissan maxima 1996 with the VQ30DE engine. At the beginning of the problem both my belts were broken so I said "belts broken no problem". When I went under the car I noticed that I could not slip the rear belt (power steering belt) because the crankshaft pulley was pinning the position sensor (REF) which by the way is not aligned with the alternator, air conditioner compressor and the power steering pump, strange. I cranked the vehicle, all of the sudden the crankshaft pulley moved forward about 1/2 inch. To make the story short, the crankshaft screw is not broken ( I verified it and took the crankshaft pulley out and torque it to 98 ft-lb), the position sensor did not read 452 ohms, I replaced it. Put everything back, the crankshaft pulley pinched the sensor again and still the crankshaft pulley is not aligned. Could it be that something is loose inside the engine or the computer is miscalculating the crankshaft's position? Please help. Thank you in advance.

Modified by corawilliam at 4:34 PM 8/19/2009

corawilliam
Car: Nissan maxima 1996 vq30de

corawilliam wrote:Hi, I am having a problem with the crankshaft pulley. I have a Nissan maxima 1996 with the VQ30DE engine. At the beginning of the problem both my belts were broken so I said "belts broken no problem". When I went under the car I noticed that I could not slip the rear belt (power steering belt) because the crankshaft pulley was pinning the position sensor (REF) which by the way is not aligned with the alternator, air conditioner compressor and the power steering pump, strange. I cranked the vehicle, all of the sudden the crankshaft pulley moved forward about 1/2 inch. To make the story short, the crankshaft screw is not broken ( I verified it and took the crankshaft pulley out and torque it to 98 ft-lb), the position sensor did not read 452 ohms, I replaced it. Put everything back, the crankshaft pulley pinched the sensor again and still the crankshaft pulley is not aligned. Could it be that something is loose inside the engine or the computer is miscalculating the crankshaft's position? Please help. Thank you in advance.

Modified by corawilliam at 4:34 PM 8/19/2009

Return to “VQ30DE / VQ35DE / VQ35HR Forum”