Hi new owner of a Datsun!

Here you'll find topics regarding the Datsun B210, 310, 610, 710, 810, 1200, and lots of other models - All are welcome!
hyb force soldier
Car: 1981 Datsun 210, 1987 Toyota Supra, 1989 Toyota Cressida

Hi. I just bought a 1981 Datsun 210 (B310 Sunny) yesterday form one of my dad's friends. The car is the base model, has a A12A engine and a 4-speed tranny. Even though this should be in the other 10's forum but there is barely anyone there, and the 510 would be a closer comparison car. I have a few questions:

What is the redline for the A12A engine (car didn't have an tachometer, using it for monitoing sake)

What suspension can I take from a car and use it on my 210? Would a 510 would? How about a older Z car? Maybe a Mazda FC? (Seems to be compatible with a 510 from what I hear)

What brakes will fit from a 510 or Z or other car? I preferably would like discs in the rear also.

Now, after these dilemas are solved, I would like in the future to get a more peppier engine. Could any of you make a list of engine + trannys that would be compatible (at a reasonable price). I would prefer to possibly stay in the Datsun/Nissan engine family, but not a KA24E/DE (I hear from the Australian and New Zealand crowd that they are too heavy), no RB (Too insane) and SR (Same prob with KA)

A australian site (Datrat) has upgradable suspension, brakes, and a A13 Race Engine (155hp @ 10,500rpm). But those seem too expensive at the moment. I am going to college in a few months and I would like to get some good alternatives.

Thank you!

compression

You are in the wrong forum, but let me tell you what i know..The redline is when the car stops making power or the valves start to float. Its a feel thing.I have no idea what parts cross over to it, maybe stuff from a datsun 1200?I have a feeling that any major mods would require a lot of fabrication, but i could be wrong.For engines, try the L16, L18 or L20 commonly found in a crapload of datsuns, if you want to go a little more try a KA24E or KA24DE from the 240sx's.good luck.p.s. search for a site more devoted to your car.

Return to “Other Datsun Cars”