Hi New 2007 Frontier Owner Here

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
Eman916
Car: 2007 Frontier Crew Cab Longbed

Wassup Peepz!?!

I'm new to the truck scene and so I decided to get an 07 Frontier Crew Cab Longbed 4x4 SE (first year Nissan offered a longbed with the crew cab). My first choice was a Titan, but with the gas prices as they are now, I leaned towards the Frontier.

This site ROCKS, but I can't seem to find a post on REMOVING the stock stereo so that I can replace it with an aftermarket head unit. I've tried the search but cam up empty handed. If someone has that info, can you please send it my way?

Thanks!~Eman

Big-Bird
Car: 2000 Xterra on 'Roids & 2004 Quest SL

Welcome to NICO. Perhaps you could send me a picture of your stereo and we can go from there?

Just click my name above my icon and you can view the profile for my email.

Eman916
Car: 2007 Frontier Crew Cab Longbed

Thanks, but I figured it out. I had to remove the top tray and then it revieled the screws holding the front of the radio. After I unscrewed those, I was able to remove the stock system. Word to the wise, the stock wireing harness does not have a ground wire. You must ground to the chassie.

hsckris
Car: 07 V8 4runner

Eman916 wrote:Word to the wise, the stock wireing harness does not have a ground wire.
Is this possible? I would've guessed it would have to be grounded some sort of way in order to work properly.

Big-Bird
Car: 2000 Xterra on 'Roids & 2004 Quest SL

No he's right. Even the 2000 Xterra and Frontier's don't have a separate ground wire for their stereos. The head unit is grounded through the screws that hold the deck in place to the metal bracketry. The antenae also acts as a ground wire.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”