Hi all new here!

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Rogue Man
Car: 06 Civic EX Coupe FG1

Hello everyone, i'm very interested in getting a Rouge pretty soon. I already test drove one and i plan on test driving it again before i buy it. I want to get a Indigo Blue or a Black SL AWD with leather,moon/sunroof and AWD package. I hope i can get it for $24,000 more or less OTD. My friend just bought a 07 Honda CRV just recently and i don't like it,and from what edmunds said it cant even climb small hills! the rav 4 i dont like either its weird,fugly and offers only a 4spd auto and just looks bland. The Hyundai Tucson i don't like either and it doesn't even offer any features really. The Santa fe is nice too but that also only offers a 4spd auto on the low end also. and i don't want a low end model. The outlander is nice too,but its too heavy and has too cheap materials and the reliability is questionable. The new VW Tiguan looks decent but its VW,and it has the smallest cargo space of all of SUV/CUVS which is like 50 or less cubic feet since the sides are too flat,and are protruding outward you cant really put anything back there. I think the Rouge is going to be a strong winner for Nissan,and i plan on getting tints,17 or 18's black Enkei's and a Pioneer Avic D3 navigation with backup camera in the future. Does anyone know if the D3 will fit? thanks and i plan on reading more about it! also my family has owned more Nissan vehicles than any other and all of them have been very reliable and very solid. My mom has an 06 Murano SL AWD with close to 30,000 miles on it and not a single problem with it!

spicekay
Car: Rogue

Welcome! I have a black sl awd rogue and its awesome!!! Not one regrets!. I posted some pics in another topic so you can check them out

thenate1

I too have not bought a Rogue, but plan on it before Christmas. I think it is the best fit for my needs and wants. But in defence of the CRV...

I happen to own a brand new CRV (Less than a year old now) - but my wife drives it on the weekdays. I take it out on the weekends and long trips. I live in the Duranago Colorado area (Elevation 7,500 feet, give or take). I know a thing or tow about both winter and mountian driving. I have to stick up for the CRV. It doest more than fine in the mountains - I have no complaints at all.

I still think the Rogue with the paddle shifters will be a great improvement and a lot more fun to drive. plus I love the key FOB, Bluetooth, and the CVT tranny (All for 2 or 3 grand cheaper than my CRV cost us).

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

thenate1 wrote:I too have not bought a Rogue, but plan on it before Christmas. I think it is the best fit for my needs and wants. But in defence of the CRV...

I happen to own a brand new CRV (Less than a year old now) - but my wife drives it on the weekdays. I take it out on the weekends and long trips. I live in the Duranago Colorado area (Elevation 7,500 feet, give or take). I know a thing or tow about both winter and mountian driving. I have to stick up for the CRV. It doest more than fine in the mountains - I have no complaints at all.

I still think the Rogue with the paddle shifters will be a great improvement and a lot more fun to drive. plus I love the key FOB, Bluetooth, and the CVT tranny (All for 2 or 3 grand cheaper than my CRV cost us).
Welcome, I will look forward to your long term comparisions of the Rogue and CRV. Let us know what you think of your Rogue when you get it.

thenate1

Will do. I know I will have some sweet snow shots in a month or two.

cpca
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Phantom White

Rouge Man wrote:Hello everyone, i'm very interested in getting a Rouge pretty soon.
I'd suggest a Rogue instead. And a minor retooling of your username ...

websfear
Car: 2008 Rogue SL Venom Red

Oh, I don't know, maybe he likes a little redness to his cheeks.

Rogue Man
Car: 06 Civic EX Coupe FG1

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! i also went on tirerack.com to see what the Rouge would look like on 18 inch black OZ racing wheels and it looks HOT both in blue and black. The OZ wheels come in black and are 18lbs each.

Return to “Rogue Forum”