Hey, move over, will ya!

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
M35+
Car: M35 Sport Diamond Graphite/Stone Alum, w/Journey, Tech, Aero

I joined your ranks this weekend.

I left my house at 1:00 pm to go to Home Depot, and returned at 4:30 with a beautiful M in my driveway. Traded in my VW Touareg, the first one sold in the USA.

As an ad guy who works with car dealers, I read the car mags, so I walked in with prior knowledge of how amazing this car is, but I hadn't driven one. Needless to say, I was hooked.

I was a relatively regular poster on the VW Vortex boards, and had attended a couple of Touareg events. I just moved to Oregon from Connecticut... Anything but a VW is foreign territory for me, as that's been the badge of the last seven cars I've owned--my friend and client owns the dealer I used to deal with in Connecticut. I'd say it was time for a change, don't you?

Looking forward with excitement to my Infiniti experience.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Congrats on your purchase..... I think youll find this forum just as good as the VW forums...

WElcome to NICO and glad you got an M.....

larry.contrisciano
Car: Infiniti M35 sport 06' and Acura TL 04'

Great luck with you new car. It looks great.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Welcome to NICO!

Thanks for the picture. It looks very nice indeed!

Z

M35+

elwesso wrote: I think youll find this forum just as good as the VW forums...
Not that it's a big deal, but for the record, there is much more activity on the VW board. If I'd posted this same thread there it would have gotten more welcomes/responses, each with a request for more pics.

And my other post regarding fuel economy would most probably have gotten a dozen or so responses in the first hour. Many would have told me to use the search function. Here, I've received none in about four hours. I like that over there you can see how many views each post has had.

Maybe everyone's out enjoying their drives. That's the way it should be. And I should be commenting about the car, i guess, and not the board!

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

I think the main thing is this is somewhat uncharted territory.. If you go into the Q45 area (not that you really care) but i posted the tire pressure thing and I got a reply within about 5 minutes.. was very surprised...

We need people like you to actively participate in our club to make it better... The M forum is only a few months old, and i think its gone a long way and is moving nicely since then!

szh

Like Wes said, many people are still figuring out the answer to the question of mileage to be expected for the M! The car (cerainly the M35) is new enough that most people are probably still waiting for the full engine break-in period to be over before figuring out what they should see.

Yes, you are right, there are some earlier posts about the older 2003/2004 M45 mileage, which will be similar to the new 2006 M45. And, I would expect the M35 numbers to be about 1 or 1.5 mpg better than these! I will search and link the threads in ...

Z

szh

Forgot to mention: inre the slower welcome. We have slow days and we have faster days in this forum ... you just hit one of the slower days, I guess!

Inre the pictures, mea culpa! I usually ask all the people to post pictures here ... you can put them into our pictures section (hyperlink is in upper right corner) and link them in. If you have difficulty with it, please e-mail them to me and I will add them to this post!

Thanks and welcome again!

Z

BlackBourbon
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35x

Very nice. I believe you can't miss with the aero kit. Excellent picture too. The fall colors really frame it well! Congrats on your new car. I hope you like it as much as the rest of us owners do!

maxhopper
Car: 02 Maxima SE 6spd

My goodness, I'm taking such a liking to these cars. I saw a M35X while on my lunch hour today (same color)...too hot! As for pic requests, could you please snap a few of the interior? I could drool over the interior all day and night.

I can only wish that Nissan will blend the styling of the M series into the Maxima line, lord knows it needs help to keep from looking like an overweight version of the Altima.

Do you have any plans for modifications/subtle changes?

M35+

Sorry... hadn't been here for a while. Out enjoying the ride! Love the interior. I find more every day.

M35+

And one more...

szh

Love that interior!

Nice, clean lines ... very modern and updated.

Z

szh

M35+ wrote:Out enjoying the ride!
The best part of owning these cars!

Z

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”