Hey Guys!

General discussion forum about all things Datsun! NOTE: If your thread is specific to a certain model, please make sure you post it in the proper forum.
jamez_5

Hey guys im new to the forums...and more than likely im posting this in the wrong spot...i normally do when im brand new to the forums. Anyways I just got a 1984 Nissan Datsun 4x4 pickup. 500 bucks! As you may guess it needs some TLC. The one thing that is bothering me is all the lights are dim. They do come on but they are not bright at all. I checked the fuses and they seem fine. And i highly doubt that eventho its old that all the bulbs are bad...mabye tho. What do yall experts think?

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Welcome to NICO/ODPL!

Use a multimeter and see if the alternator is charging at 13.5 - 14.5 volts at the battery. My guess would be you need a new alternator. It's also a good thing to replace the battery and ground lines for the battery (sand down the ground mounting location) as well. If the engine has a grounding strap, do similar for it.

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

welcome! looks like matt covered the issue pretty well... don't forget to stop by the 720 section!

Return to “Datsun Chat”