hey, guys... got hit today... any tips?

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
rare240sx
Car: 92 Black 240sx convertible

how's everyone!

I have 92' 240sx convertible.. aint it sexy? lol

well the problem is this lady back into my car today...

only dent part is... back fender(wonder if that makes sense).. like where top

goes down, and where red sidemarker light is! so i need whole new back

fender(?) driver side.... looks like its attached all the way up to right before

front fender... til right underneath the door.

How much is is going to cost me? and..... hardtop parts and vert parts are

different? hardtop parts wont fit?

aight thanks guys... o btw, she is paying... lol, i dont care how much its going

to cost... so feel free to tell me. thanks

floodshark

I'm pretty sure as long as it's a coupe fender, not the fastback, it should fit just fine on the convertible. Could just go grab one out of a junkyard for a decent price.Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Fenvy
Car: 2005 350Z Base 6MT

owwwwwwwwww, your necccccccck, your bacccccccck, your kidneyyyyyyyyy

okay seriously, if it's something like this, it depends on how anal you want to be about it

I am not sure which piece you're refering to but it sounds like a difficult piece... a pic or two would help

you can go to 3 estimate places for dent pulling/new paint job and show her the quotes then she can pay for that, or you guys can settle for a small amount of cash....

personally I'd go for the cash since I care very little about the exterior about my car... maybe you really like your exterior and wnat it to be flawless.. I don't know

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

We need pics.

Also, why is your post all choppy?

dcdcdc
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX Convertible 5spd

ouch, that sucks. I think what you're referring to is the rear quarter panel. on most cars, that's part of the unibody (think frame/chassis/body in one) and not a separate fender. I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure this is the case for our verts, since it's true for the hatchback. in this case to get a replacement body panel and get that installed will require some major work - gutting the interior side of that panel, cutting it out and welding the new one in. her insurance might not even cover that much work since most people will be perfectly satisfied with getting the dent pulled as much as possible and filling the rest with bondo. it just kills me to have bondo on my car, but sometimes that's all you can afford.

rare240sx
Car: 92 Black 240sx convertible

thank you all for replies!yea, i was talking about driver side rear quarter panel...nissan tried to find the part for it, they put it nation search. if they can't find the part, they are just going to pull dent out. and its going to cost around 1600.

i might just get the money (if lady pays me cash), and sell the car...not sure how much it should be. everything works fine... 92 convertibleblack. just passed inspection. good condition. any tips? how much is this car should be?... o it only has like 103000 miles.

REINCARNATION
Car: 94 s13 Vert

I own a body shop and your talking about alot of work to replace the quarter,and good luck finding one to put on.(they are out there) If you sell your car expect 4500.00 to 5500.00 if the car is fixed properly.....good luck

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Wow... $4500 to $5500... Wanna buy my 'vert? It's got an RB swap in it, plus 5 spd, LSD, etc... I'd take $6500 for it. (c'mon a grand for an RB swap, you can't beat that)

Seriously though, I'm not trying to devalue or sounds negative... but vert's rarely go for more than $4000 even in perfect shape.

With 108k if repaired you are probably going to be around $3k to $3500.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”