Hey Guys Got a Question My 510 brake pumps up?

Discussion forum for the venerable 510, and its non-US counterparts, the Datsun 1600 and Bluebird.
alvco001
Car: mx

just purchased an 71 510. I drove the car , seemed fine. It has been lowered has fron strut camber plates. The camber out back seems to be a neg 1.5 apprx.. Also has a rear swaybar.After purchasung the car I took it out for a good test moto. After about 20 min of pushing the car a little, something got hot or stuck or was sticking in the braking system. The brake pedal got pumped up and something felt like it was dragging. Dont know what, I jacked up the car and found some resistance when I manually tried to rotate the rim, both sides. Same when I removed the rims and manually tried to rotate the IRS. Thanx in advance for the help. Tim:ylsuper

Canyoncarver
Car: '93 300zx

First of all, air in the brake lines will expand when things get hot.

If you have purchased a 30 year old car, I would 1st check all of the brakes and bleed the lines. Not knowing the overall condition of your car, it's pretty hard to tell.

///FiveOneOh
Car: 1972 Datsun 510

Bleed the lines for sure. and check that the front calipers arn;t siezed... I have run into that a few times. Cars been sitting for years brakes dont; wanna work right anymore.

///FiveOneOh

For sure bleed the lines. and check that the calipers arn;t all incusted in rust. I have run into that a few times.

///FiveOneOh

interesting... why did it do that. said page can't be displayed so I tried agian and they both worked?

alvco001
Car: mx

check that the front calipers arn;t siezed... I have run into that a few times. Youwere right thanx

Return to “Datsun 510 / Bluebird”