hey everyone im new and i have a question!

General discussion forum about all things Datsun! NOTE: If your thread is specific to a certain model, please make sure you post it in the proper forum.
The datsun kid

hey my name is ben and im 15 and i was wondering if a datsun truck is a good daily driver my dad dosent seem to think that they are and he says they're too hard to find parts for and the whole thing started because im looking for a truck cuz im 15 so gonna drive soon and my cuzin had a 1974 datsun 620 and he was kinda stupid and he bagged it( he was 18 so he thought he was cool lol) anyways i fell in love with datsuns and i knew that i wanted one but my dads iffy on letting me get one but my mom likes the idea so i found this forum and decided to ask.

moparvwfreak
Car: 1973 Datusn 620 4 spd(sold), 1973 Datsun 620 5spd, 1993 BMW 325I, various VWs and now a CB7 Accord

if you REALLY want a datsun, try to find a 78 or 79 in good condition. that is if you want a truck. the reason being, factory front disk brakes and electronic ignition. both of those will help boost reliability. if you go older you will most likely have to deal with points and drum brakes and you will hate life. trust me. i have a 73 and a 78. the 73 is in better shape but the 78 has better brakes.

The datsun kid

ya but the front bake setup on a 78 datsun pickup bolts directly to a 73 with no problems. my cousin swapped his over in like 2 hours. he also put a msd ignition in his truck and put alott of performance parts on it. it ran great till he blew it up at like 110 on the free way.

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

they're great DD'a as long as you do keep them running... parts aren't the easiest to find but not all that had either if you do some searching for what you're lookin for

i say do it!

Return to “Datsun Chat”