Hesitation while accelerating

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
blove
Car: 1993 j30

Hi everyone, I have been reading a lot of posts about the power issues, my J had the same problem. I reluctantly took it to the dealer yesterday. They replaced the crank angle sensor at a cost of $361.00 for the part, labor was two hours. I had taken it to a independent shop that could not diagnose this. Anyway, the car runs like new again, I guess it was worth the price. I would have felt better if I had done it myself, but the city of Chicago is not a good place to be working outside on the car. Hope this helps some of you out.

DominickJ30
Car: 1993 Infiniti J30t

The part should have cost $316 retail.

From Joe, you could have gotten it for $237.

Which dealership did you go to?? The only good thing about going to a dealer is getting the g35 loner. Oh and of course gettin the work done properly.

blove
Car: 1993 j30

I went to Fletcher Jones downtown. I was going to take it to glenview, but they never responded to an email request for service. They also took my door handles out, cleaned and lubed them. When I got home, my door wouldn't open. I have to take it back now. I was having to bang on the handles to unlock the doors. Would the sensor been easy to do myself?

DominickJ30
Car: 1993 Infiniti J30t

Hmm, never heard of the door handle problem.

This job is reltively easy, you just have to remove a couple things to get to it. 2 hours sounds right for an experienced tech.

gr8scott72
Car: 1994 Infiniti J30t

DominickJ30 wrote:The part should have cost $316 retail.

From Joe, you could have gotten it for $237.

Which dealership did you go to?? The only good thing about going to a dealer is getting the g35 loner. Oh and of course gettin the work done properly.
Dealership doesn't automatically mean work done properly.

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”