hesitation/recirculation problems

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
fastpace
Car: cars of course

Well this is a weird situation that I am going through with my car now. Last monday, the car was just crazy. Boostin perfectly and feelin great. Well on that tuesday night I took off my valve cover to paint it and put everything back on. I drive the car around and it just felt like chit. It still was boosting, but was hesitating and got full boost at about 3500-4000, I usually get full boost at 2800 psi at 9.55psi. So then I proceed to troubleshoot somethings. I thought I had a boost leak. So I bought some t-bolt clamps and everything was still running the same way.

But I noticed that when I revved the engine I heard the recirculated air go to the mafs instead of back into the compressor inlet. So I then ran the car with an open atmospheric bov setup. The car felt alittle better, but was a little sluggish because it was running alittle rich. I think I am going to get my intake pipe rewelded so that it can point directly to the compressor inlet.

My question is now,Will this be the only thing to cause the car to act the way it is acting? Why hasn't this problem arised before when I was facing my intake pipe the same direction? And what other things should I look at to determine the problem?

Setup:JWT ECUCobra MAFSHKS SSQV BOVSuper 60 T-3 turbo

Ubernoober

Ok, dopey question on my part, but is the snorkel still attached to the valve cover? If so, do you have a one-way valve in it? Otherwise I might think that if you did a poor job of re-installing the valve cover, you might be blowing boost out the cover. I know, I know, I'm dumb, but just check for me.....

fastpace

Yes I put that on correctly. Before things weren't lined up there was oil leaking through to the sparkplugs. I cleaned everything up and lined it up and all is well from the valve cover. The snorkel has a tube followed by a small filter attached to it.

klattr1
Car: GT42R powered S14/KA

did you drive in the rain recently and get water in your mafs somehow?what do u mean by hesitation (spark blowing out or do u mean bucking extremely under WOT)?

fastpace

klattr1 wrote:did you drive in the rain recently and get water in your mafs somehow?what do u mean by hesitation (spark blowing out or do u mean bucking extremely under WOT)?

It has rained, but checked mafs and it was fine.bucking extremely under WOT.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”