hesitation at low RPM

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
C_D
Car: 2001 Sentra SE

I have a 2001 Sentra SE that hesitates and jerks at low RPM when accelerating. It is worse when under a load like when the A/C is on. There are no codes. I thought for sure it was the IACV and replaced it, but no luck. It has a new distributor, plugs and wires. I replaced a couple vacuum hoses that were starting to crack. I checked and cleaned the MAF sensor. The fuel pressure is good. Any ideas? Can the EGR on the sr20de be cleaned?

C_D

I took the EGR off today. I thought I saw in the manual that you can test it by turning the car on and off. When I turned the key the plunger inside the EGR did not move. I'm not sure it can be tested that way without engine heat. I tested the resistance and it seemed fine. I unplugged the EGR while the car was running and nothing happened. Over the winter my car was having a tough time starting when it was cold outside so I thought maybe this is part of my issue but I'm still not sure how to test it. It seems like the car would run rough if it didn't work or send a code. Is there a better way to test it?

C_D

So I finally got a P0400 that is for the EGR. I thought I would replace it since it didn't seem like it was working right and there didn't seem to be much to clean since it is all electric. I still have the same problem with the hesitation at low rpm and under a load. I couldn't find any vacuum leaks near the engine. Any ideas of what else I should check? I'm not sure what is causing the EGR code. The only thing I can think of is there could be something near the EVAP canister.

ScrapMetal
Car: 1999 Chevrolet S10, 1991 Ford Bronco 5.0

Check your throttle body, clean it if necessary.

C_D

I did try cleaning the throttle body, but it didn't seem to help. Its been six months since it has been hesitating. It only does it under 2000 rpm and when under a load. If I accelerate really slow be barely pressing gas pedal it runs fine.

C_D

It turns out it was the new distributor I installed, in case anyone else ever has the same issue. I reinstalled my old leaky distributor and the car ran good again. I wish I would have thought of that sooner. I assumed the new distributor was fine. I ordered a factory distributor this time.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”