Here we go again, new Operation Flashpoint game next year

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
Chaotic_Warlord
Car: Black 5 speed Swapped 1995 240sx

So Codemasters apparently think they'll sucker us all again, they are releasing a new Operation Flashpoint game, this one takes place in Southwest Asia and now you and you're fellow marines will not only have to worry about the PLA, but now you'll have to deal with RPG toting, IED laying insurgents as well. Graphics look awesome, as does the gameplay, but will it be a repeat of Dragon Rising...

http://www.flashpointgame.com/

This is a whole new game, not DLC for Dragon Rising.

ForkliftDude
Car: 1990 Nissan 240SX Hatchback. 1998 Nissan Sentra GXE. 1994 Nissan Altima GLE

In defense of Dragon Rising, it remained faithful to the spirit of the franchise. Take that for what you will. One one hand, it executes long range firefights very well and everything has a proper sense of size (it feels like you are in the countryside, not in a boxed in video game level). On the other, the radial menus for just about everything are clunky at best and often times get you killed themselves.

I hate to say this, but to craft a truly AAA tactical military sim Codemasters is going to need to break away from the tried and tired Flashpoint formula. It was awesome 8 years ago, but now it is just re-skinning the same game over and over again.

Ill keep my fingers crossed this comes out well.

snwbrdr435
Car: 85 VW Westfalia, CBR F4i, SV650s, 1988 Honda Hawk(race)

f*** Codemasters

There I said it.

Dragon Rising could have been and should have been a truly awesome game but it was plagued by glitches and s*** that should have been fixed. But no they never fixed anything just gave us some dlc that should have been included and a big FU were working on the next game instead of fixing the piece of s*** we just put out.

Chaotic_Warlord

snwbrdr435 wrote:f*** Codemasters

There I said it.

Dragon Rising could have been and should have been a truly awesome game but it was plagued by glitches and s*** that should have been fixed. But no they never fixed anything just gave us some dlc that should have been included and a big FU were working on the next game instead of fixing the piece of s*** we just put out.
:werd:

Chaotic_Warlord

The actual gameplay footage that they've put out looks phenomenal, but then again that's what suckered me into OFP:DR. I might pick it up but I'm going to wait until it drops and the reviews are released before I make a definite decision.

snwbrdr435
Car: 85 VW Westfalia, CBR F4i, SV650s, 1988 Honda Hawk(race)

Well i hope your right.... f*** them for what they have done though i can't. I am still bitter about how they handled the last game they put out.

Return to “Gaming”