here i go again

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
jbracy7
Car: 94 GTS TYPE-M in a dozen pieces

has any one ever got a ej2.2L subaru engine(outback)swap completed and running, not looking to keep the awd just the rwd . i know it will fit with custom brackets/ braces but the wiring is what i need help with,it has the harness and ecu.how do i tie the subie harness to a sohc ka harness.would depining and repining work,or would a custom wiring set up have to be done

are the intake/exhast manifolds interchange able with the turbo wrx 2.2l
Modified by jbracy7 at 4:12 AM 11/15/2009

cation
Car: 00 E55 AMG,
01 GMC Sierra SLT
S14 400sx (SOLD!)

It can be done, but it will be time consuming.

When I swapped a lexus v8 into my S14 I separated only the engine wire harness from the S14 and simply replaced it with the lexus v8 engine wire harness. It was simple to do but very tedious. You must do this if you want to retain ABS and windshield wiper function since these to systems share the same loom as the engine on the 240. The body harness connector where your stock ecu gets its power from will need to be spliced into to get your subaru ECU power. You will need complete factory wiring harness diagrams for each car to develop a plan/schematic to make it work. Identify what pins on the subaru need 12v constant power/ground/ignition power/etc. and find the corresponding wires to hook to on the 240 body harness. It can be done, but you must first formulate a plan.

jbracy7

dawn wiring i givin up on most of my swaps caus of the dawm wiring i can weld i can fab almost any thing but wiring dawm wiring thanks for the info cation

cnichols
Car: 96 Nissan 240SX, 99 Infiniti Q45, 93 Ford Fastiva

Like cation said, the 240 side is very nice and simple. Not familiar w/ the Subie side, so I would honestly recommend a standalone of some sort...Haltech, etc.

jbracy7

i mght just pay some to do it theres guy at a body shop i use but hes lazy but can wire any thing

cation
Car: 00 E55 AMG,
01 GMC Sierra SLT
S14 400sx (SOLD!)

jbracy7 wrote:i mght just pay some to do it theres guy at a body shop i use but hes lazy but can wire any thing
You can do it too. Take a chance and save some money! Subaru's are surprisingly simple.

jbracy7

ill try but i hate wireing

Return to “Hybrids”