Herculiner? Thoughts

NICO's official source for Nissan upholstery, carpet, headliners, and trim information!
mattleegee
Car: s13+19 corolla

So my s13 build is pretty much a track car, but im going mild on interior like adding new carpet to the passenger area.

Anyway the rear of the car, dirty... scratched, all kinds of stuff, i want it to look decent and was thinking about buying a Herculiner kit, i know its going to add some weight but maybe help with sound deadening also, im going to be throwing rims in and out since my car is my support vehicle also so i doint want to paint and have it chip up

Anyone use this? Or have a better idea?

I thought about buying a huge rubber mat and custom fit it to the cargo area but i dunno..

Logan76
Car: Junk

Is herculiner some form of truck bedliner?

mattleegee
Car: s13+19 corolla

yeah, its a roll on

obg3506
Car: 2006 Infiniti G35
1995 240sx SE

im thinking of doing the same thing to my trunk area since its carpet is dog filthy!! Post up some pics if you do it!

Broadfield
Car: 1992 240sx

I have used Herculiner on a subwoofer enclosure before. I think the stuff is great! It goes on VERY easy and seems to be durable. A 5 year old couldn't mess up putting this stuff on.... it's that easy. I just did this one last week in an Icon 4x4. The entire inside of the vehicle was Rhino lined from the factory, so I wanted my box to match it as close as possible. Here are the results, and this was only one coat. Herculiner recommends two coats...... as I'm sure that would make it more durable.

pearlwhite94ttz
Car: 1994 Nissan 300zx

I was thinking about using this under the car for rust prevention measures. Does anyone know if there is any prep work that is required (stripping all OEM weather lining)?

pearlwhite94ttz
Car: 1994 Nissan 300zx

Anyone? I'm in the middle of a complete re-vamp and having something new under the car that is better than OEM to protect against road grime would be great. I just don't want to have to spend the time stripping and prepping the OEM stuff.

Drafteddesign
Car: 1990 Nissan Hardbody. Lowered, modified, and never complete.

You need to sand any painted areas to get the loose stuff off, and any gloss off of the paint. The herculiner will need some "tooth" to grab onto. Any rusted areas, use POR-15 on it. (POR=Paint Over Rust). It's a converter and sealer in one. Once that is dry, and all of the sanding debris is removed, rub everything down with lacqueer thinner to remove any oils from your skin that may have got on the surface. Work from the farthest corner out-of course. The first coat is just a base. The second coat is where the thickness and protection comes from. Once coat would be fine in your case, I would suspect. If you're not happy with it after you drive it for a day or so, go back over it. You can add to it much easier than you can remove it.

Drafteddesign
Car: 1990 Nissan Hardbody. Lowered, modified, and never complete.

You need to sand any painted areas to get the loose stuff off, and any gloss off of the paint. The herculiner will need some "tooth" to grab onto. Any rusted areas, use POR-15 on it. (POR=Paint Over Rust). It's a converter and sealer in one. Once that is dry, and all of the sanding debris is removed, rub everything down with lacquer thinner to remove any oils from your skin that may have got on the surface. Work from the farthest corner out-of course. The first coat is just a base. The second coat is where the thickness and protection comes from. Once coat would be fine in your case, I would suspect. If you're not happy with it after you drive it for a day or so, go back over it. You can add to it much easier than you can remove it.

Return to “Interiors”