Help with suspension

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
adrdsouza
Car: 2007 M45 base

I have an 07 M45. I live in Kuwait and couldn't find the OEM KYB struts for the rear so i used ones for the Altima I think that were the right fit (probably wrong load bearing capacity)
Over the past few months, things have gone from bad to worse and the car hits every bump and pothole really hard.
I'm considering coilovers but not sure if that is what i want. I'm looking for a soft and comfortable ride where the car glides over bumps and holes without much transfer to the cabin or driver. Am i better off getting OEM struts or coilovers? I don't want to reduce car height at all. In fact, i would like to increase the ground clearance a tad bit if possible

I found BC ($995), D2 ($920) and Truhart ($666) coilovers on Ebay but can't find much info about the D2 or Truhart on here. I've seen some posts about BC and something about a spindle (needs welding on some other brands like Ksport). does the same apply to D2 or Truhart?

Would really appreciate help in this matter. Also if anyone is selling a set of coilovers, would be nice to be able to get em cheaper.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

I can't speak for the M45, but many guys on here in the past ran BC's and D2's on their M35's. I myself had an M35x with BC's and it road just like stock but with a lowered look. Not sure you could use coilovers to raise the car higher than stock.

If you can't source OEM parts due to your location, then I would move on to BC's or D2's. Never heard of Truhart's for this platform, so I'd stay away.

The only thing I had go wrong with my BC's was after having them for 2-3 years, every 5kmi my stabilizer links would go bad. I think it was something with my alignment more than the BC's though. Very few shops these days know how to align a lowered car.

adrdsouza
Car: 2007 M45 base

Thanks Ilya, I could source OEM parts but all 4 struts run about 650$ here, i think coilovers would be better at that pricepoint?
Even if not lowering, i'd be happy if stock height is retained. Is that possible with the BCs?

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

I agree. At 650, your better of spending $900 and getting BC's. BC's should be able to get you at near stock height or stock height I believe though.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”