Help With Stock Tach Install

Discussion forum for the venerable 510, and its non-US counterparts, the Datsun 1600 and Bluebird.
erok81

Ok, how does one wire this bastard up? It is from my 1972 Datsun 510. It was unhooked when I got the car. This is a breakdown of the wiring and a pic.

Wire A is black. I took it apart and to me it looks like that is the ground. It just goes onto the circuit board and stops.

Wire B is dark green. After taking it apart I think this might be a power. After it goes into the case and hooks to the circuit board it changes to a red wire and goes to a few other things.

Wire C is the confusing one. In the pic you can see it goes into the case then seens to just come right back out. Actually it goes in wraps around that piece (which looks like some coil thing) and then comes back out. It is not cut anywhere just loops around. Then I guess the guy that had it before me just twisted the two ends together? I presumed this to be the signal wire, but I'm not sure. So I think it is this wire I am having trouble with.

If you need anymore info, please ask.

Thanks for the help.

nismo510
Car: building models and real cars.autocrossing

can you pull wire "C" out?it it the one that gos to your coil?

Return to “Datsun 510 / Bluebird”