help with steering wheel controller interface for 00q45 (peripheral PSWIPS)

Got questions about your Infiniti? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
SCKA24E
Car: 90 240 sx M

bro i need help... ok so i picked up a peripheral SWIPS s*** so that i can still use my SW controlls it wasnt specific to q45 in fact it didnt even have it as 1 that worked w it but it was pretty much identical 2 1 that was and was d3 compatible so anyways i dunno if u have experience w them i guess most cars have 1 wire that sends the all signals but nissan/infinity use a whole plug and diffrent wire for diffrent input.. so heres a link real quick on theyre site its pretty scetchy http://pac-audio.com/support.aspx guide but pretty much all nissans /infini are the same way on this link i have all the same color wires the pinout formation isnt the same but color wise yes.. i tried checking the voltage in the plugs w the multimeter w everything dissconnected and didnt get s*** in any pin but i know its the right plug cuz i hooked back the old deck and pulled that 1 and that made the controlls not work on the SW. so i got that all wires correspond but no output dunno if thats significant or normal cuz it needs 2 be connected? and my other question is they give me a b unch of resistors in the kit im confused on how to use them they want me to use a resistor >2k ohm on each control wire and then connect it into the (white) wire of the SWIPS? so can i just but a bit and slice in? if each one is gonna have a resistor and theres like 4 wires then im gonna have all 4 in to the white wire? wtf? idk bro im a ruh_tard ill be happy w just valume up down and off..lol my SWC only had volume up/down ..off....scan forward (noback) so yee lmk if u know

Return to “Infiniti Online Mechanic”