Help with some basic information regarding dash lights

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
SadSentra
Car: 2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0

Howdy Nissan folks...I have a post regarding a couple of codes that are getting some views (and the best of me), so I know it's difficult to answer. So I'm hoping to narrow down what I see on my dash in hopes that someone can fill me in and give me a direction to go next.

I have a 2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 with approximately 137,000 miles on it. I've owned it for a week. Automatic with Intelligent Key.

When I turn the ignition to the accessory position and the FOB is 10'-0" away, there is a dash light that comes on that is red and says "KEY". I'm assuming this is the car informing me the FOB is not detected in the area?

When the car is in the off position, there is a red car with a key in it that flashes. Is this light for the immobilizer system?

If I open the door with the FOB on me, the red KEY light is gone, but the red car with the key in it still flashes. Is this normal?

If I turn the ignition to the accessory position with the FOB on me, the red KEY light is gone, however the red car with the key continues to flash. Should this second light stay off?

When I try to start the car, the red car with the key in it stays solid. Is this the car informing me that the immobilizer is active and the car will not start?

Mind you the FOB works in unlocking everything and setting off the alarm for panic. Also just to reiterate (what I wrote in my other post), I've tried all the internet instructions to by-pass the immobilizer and checked all the fuses. I'm just trying to determine who I should bring it to, either the dealer because it needs CONSULT III or an automotive electrician that can diagnose it's a broken wire or ECM failure.

Using the mechanical key that's in the FOB yields the same results listed above.

I appreciate any help that is provided! Thank you!

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”