Help with Rim Question?

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
TexasVoodoo
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe

I am posting this without a detailed search due to time constraints. If I find an answer before a response I will delete the post to keep from repeat information.I am currently looking to get some rims from someone and I have stock 18" Rims as of now on a 2004 coupe. The rim information I have from him is ADR 18x8 on front and the back are 18x9, 5/114. I asked the offset and (the wife who isnt 100% sure) said she thought it was 42mm. Would these fit my car? Don't know if it matters but I do have Brembo brakes. Wanted to check with you guys before making the haul to even look em over.

Thanks a million. This place is priceless. Of course I know to post some pics once they are on.
Modified by TexasVoodoo at 10:43 AM 1/26/2008

TexasVoodoo

Update:

So Discount tires tells me the rims will fit the car and tires fine. So I've got the rims and I am putting one on before I pay to mount the tires just to make sure everything is ok. I notice first that there is a smaller 6th bolt in the way of the new rims fitting. They are flush on the back except for the 5 holes. I noticed that the infiniti rims has gaps in between each hole to fit this bolt. So new question what is that smaller sixth bolt exactly? Is there anything I can do to get these rims to fit? I am also concerned that the brembos would be barely missed if not maybe rubbing (small spacers can fix this if I understand correctly?). Although I cant tell exactly because the rim will not go on. Thanks for any responses.

Update 2:Researched a bit more online and found that the extra bolt on the hub is there to make sure you don't put the back tires on the front. It must be removed with a 12mm socket or wrench to install after market rims. Just updating in case anyone has the same question. Please correct me if I am wrong. Now back to the spacer question!

IlsG35
Car: 2003 graphite 6speed G35

I have the brembo brakes too n i have a 20mm offset front n rear... discount tires dont have a listing for a brembo brakes... so i dont think 42mm off will fit i could be wrong tho,,.

TexasVoodoo

Discount told me they will not put on tires with any type of spacers. Anyone ever heard of that? I think I could get by with a 5mm just to clear the brembos. Anyone know if 5mm is safe without replacing studs?

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”