Help with RB in S13 !!

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
Project13
Car: 1988 Nissan S13

Hey guys,

Im new to this forum, or any forum actually..

So I've been chipping away at getting my s13 up to standard. It was dented, spray painted, cable tied and knocking away. now though, New interior(seats, carpet, dash etc), Rb20det swap (wired up) and now getting her ready for paint.

I am by no means a mechanic or anything even remotely similar but I thought I'd learn the old school way and just dive in. Most of the work on my car has been done by me and I would like to think I can clean up the last few steps too. As many people that have put an rb in an s13 will know, you struggle to close the bonnet with the standard intake manifold. This led me to going to a front facing plenum which is why I think I'm stumped at the moment.

I have had a good look around on this forum and also other sites for weeks trying to answer my own question but have come up empty handed.

My question to you is: What hose goes to this tee?

There is a tee joiner on top of the engine, between intake manifold and rocker cover. It is by the IACV & Cold Start.

At the moment 1 port on this tee is plumbed to the IACV, the other is going to the cold start valve (the other side of the cold start is plumbed to the intercooler piping before the throttle), the third port is empty and I have no idea what to do with it.

Does it need to go to the intake manifold??

I feel like I should be able to figure this out so sorry in advance for any answers that seems glaringly obvious.

Hopefully somebody here will be able to shed some light.

Thanks guys.

P.S Hope my photos worked, They don't appear in the preview but then again I can never normally see pictures on this site... maybe a mac thing?
If I need to explain better let me know.

ca18det_boy

Your pictures didn't load for me. http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual? ... ine_Manual the FSM will show you the light. It is your friend, and you'll need to depending on how far you want to take your project. Just shooting in the dark since I can't see the pictures though. I would say it goes to the air regulator since you're saying one hose goes to IACV. However that doesn't make sense to me since those valves should be mounted to the intake mani itself. If you could host the pictures so we can see things, I think you could get some better feedback.

Project13

Hi ca18det_boy . Thanks for the quick response. :dblthumb:
I do have the FSM but it didnt seem to shed any light on the situation. Or I've completely overlooked it.
I have had a go at getting these photos to work. It seems more promising so hopefully this time round you will be able to see them.

Project13

Solved

ca18det_boy

Sorry just saw this, so what was the solution?

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”