help with part search

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
sandydennis11
Car: 1996 Infiniti Q45 176k miles
purchased new in 1995

My Service people are trying to locate some needed parts with little luck for my 1996 Q45 that I have had since new.

Needed are Radius Rod Bushings and an Air Mass Meter Boot. #16578-64U00

Scottsdale AZ can't help either.

Getting frustrating as if can't find these parts this car goes to the Dump. After plugging 15 grand for upkeep over 22 years sad it see it go.

Asking for a full inspection and just a routine fluid change led to this.

sandydennis11
purchased new in 1995

Well the last set of bushings ordered did not fit. Since the bushing replacement is not going to work the whole rod is now going to be replaced.
Another week on their rack.
Another 3 grand from my bank.
Hopefully anyone reading this and thinking of buying a older Q....... DON'T!

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

Q45ver
Car: 91 G50, 56 Austin A90, 18 Toyota C-HR

I am in the process of performing some needed maintenance on my 91 G50. It also needs the bushings you mention assuming you are talking about the Tension Rod bushings that I have also heard referred to as Radius Rod and I think Strut Rod. I've seen them numerous places but have not yet ordered. I do know that you have to ensure that you order correctly for your model. That is in the case of the G50, the base model vs. the Active suspension model. Check out RockAuto.com. I have seen that they have what they are referring to as Strut Rod bushings. I have also seen after market rod assemblies from Mugen Racing. I haven't ordered yet so I am unable to tell you for sure.

I hope to keep my Q longtime running as a Sunday driver, so I sure hope lack of available parts aren't the death of her.
Good luck,

sandydennis11
purchased new in 1995

The service people I have used for my Q have worked on this car forever. The bushings they ordered are the correct numbered parts but the do not fit. And since they removed them assuming the parts they ordered were correct and aren't, the rod needs replacing thus the extra 1 grand . Also my car is on one of their two racks so its stuck there for another week to get this rod replaced.
They are searching for other parts that they think will be needed in the future and having real problems finding other necessary parts.
The lack of parts will be the death of your car no matter how well you took care of your G50.
If I were you, I would unload it now.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”