Help with P0172 code and stalling

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
frdracfan
Car: 2006 G35 Coupe

I have read alot online about my problem but no real answers so i will give this a shot.

Daughters car, 03Altima with 2.5. Runs and idles fine but intermittently after coming to a stop, it will drop rmps, shake a little and stall. Cranks right back up with no problem. Never stalled while driving, only as rmp is coming down or has just come down for a stop. Code p0172 bank 1 rich is the code. I have replaced the o2 sensor past cat because it was not reading and cleaned the mass air flow but to no avail. Going up an incline i noticed it skipping a very little bit as well.

I dont want to keep throwing expensive parts at it.
Please help!

jdshift
Car: 2019 Nissan Altima/ 2015 Nissan Altima 3.5/ 2014 infiniti qx70s 5.0

Hello, sorry for the late response. Here is some information I pulled from Nissanhelp website:

P0172 NISSAN - Fuel Injection System Too Rich Bank 1
Possible causes
- Faulty front heated oxygen sensor
- Ignition misfiring
- Faulty fuel injectors
- Exhaust gas leaks
- Incorrect fuel pressure
- Faulty Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor
Help with this
When is the code detected?
- Fuel injection system does not operate properly.
- The amount of mixture ratio compensation is too large. (The mixture ratio is too rich.)
Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Excessive Fuel Consumption
P0172 NISSAN Description
With the Air/Fuel Mixture Ratio Self-Learning Control, the actual mixture ratio can be brought closely to the theoretical mixture ratio based on the mixture ratio feedback signal from the heated oxygen sensors 1. The Engine Control Module (ECM) calculates the necessary compensation to correct the offset between the actual and the theoretical ratios.
In case the amount of the compensation value is extremely large (The actual mixture ratio is too lean.), the ECM judges the condition as the fuel injection system malfunction and light up the MIL (2 trip detection logic).

Hope this helps, Good luck!!

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”