Help with overheating

Want to talk about non-Nissan cars? Here's the place!
Azimmer
Car: 96 nissan maxima

I don't have time to make a profile for a Honda site which I will soon but my 97 civic lx keeps overheating, I just changed the thermostat and it's still getting too hot, I let it idle then just hold the gas instead of driving cause of registration, what could be the reason it's getting too hot? Oil looks good and no white smoke coming out the exhaust.

Towncivilian
Car: 2001.5 Pathfinder SE 3.5L 2WD A/T
2007 Altima 2.5L CVT
2012 Sentra 2.0L CVT Special
2012 G37 Sedan 7A/T

Check the radiator cap. If any of the rubber looks swollen or deformed, replace the cap.

Azimmer

Cap has been replaced

corn322
Car: 1993 240sx

How did you bleed the cooling system after you changed the thermostat? There could be pockets of air trapped in there.

Azimmer

I'm thinking it's the fan because it's not coming on, I put a safety pin into the plug for the fan switch and the fan came on, changed the fan switch but no fan, I'm thinking it's the relay for the fan but I can pull it out to test, I can get wm all but that one

Azimmer

corn322 wrote:How did you bleed the cooling system after you changed the thermostat? There could be pockets of air trapped in there.
I'm thinking it's the fan because it's not coming on, I put a safety pin into the plug for the fan switch and the fan came on, changed the fan switch but no fan, I'm thinking it's the relay for the fan but I can pull it out to test, I can get wm all but that one

kasonover
Car: http://www.apoautomotive.com

Check the radiator cap.

daissy1909

Hi,
I can understand your situation. I think the problem is with radiator cap, so replace it with new.
classified website

alexqueba1
Car: i am interested in know about new car

hi if you have problem of overheating you should open hood to disperse heat faster or don't open radiator when it is hot. and check the reservoir tank and fill it properly.
.................................or go for new car detail here

2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS

Return to “Others”