Help with my 1984 Datsun 200SX

Here you'll find topics regarding the Datsun B210, 310, 610, 710, 810, 1200, and lots of other models - All are welcome!
wchamilton
Car: 1984 Datsun Nissan 200SX

I have a 1984 Datsun Nissan 200SX that I inherited from my mother who in turn inherited it from her mother. It's in good condition, save some faded paint and a dent in the side where my grandmother hit a golf cart (long story).

I, in turn, passed it along to my son and it's been a good car, until this morning when it wouldn't start. It'll crank but not turn over; I can hear the starter turning but it never fires and starts. I picked up a spark tester and checked for spark and all I see on the end of the tester is one weak spark when I first turn the ignition and nothing else, even though I can hear something click that sounds like a spark coming from the end of the tester. The car has a full tank of gas and ran fine when my son drove home last night but it stranded him here at home this morning.

So it's a spark problem, I'm thinking ignition coil. The thing is I have no idea where the ignition coil is... I've nosed around under the hood but can't find it anywhere.

Can someone point me to where the coil may be? I plan on doing the cap and rotor at the same time, just to cover my bases.

Some help would be appreciated.

FoxFire
Car: 90 vg30eT 240SX, s12 vg30e

follow the wire from the distributor that does not go to the engine... the end is the coil

im betting it the coil but seriously, if you cant find the coil.... then you shouldn't be working on it

ftgfranky
Car: datsun 200sx 1982-1983

HI mi name is frank. I am french sory for the ryting. still i do have 2 datsun 200sx 1982-1983. If you send me you email adress, i will comptac you.

Return to “Other Datsun Cars”