Help with iPhone sync and map update on 07 sedan

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
lojack44
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35S 6-speed sedan slate
2007 Infiniti G35S auto w/ paddle shifters black on black

Help with iPhone sync and map update on 07 sedan

Postby lojack44 » Tue May 12, 2015 6:34 pm

I'm new to this forum and recently purchased an 07 6-speed G35S sedan with the technology package. It's great, but there are a few things I can't figure out on it:

1. How do I sync my iPhone contacts with this system? I can sync the phone itself to place calls/ receive calls, but I can't transfer contacts. It worked once automatically when I first synced and never worked again. I tried manually syncing the contacts, but when it sends the signal to my iPhone to sync, the iPhone never gets the signal (and yes, the Bluetooth is on).

2. Is it possible to update the maps or software of this unit? If so, what is required?

Thanks, and any info is appreciated!

orionchristy
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35 Coupe - Track

Re: Help with iPhone sync and map update on 07 sedan

Postby orionchristy » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:13 pm

I'm new too with an '07 Coupe and have a possible solution to the map update issue.
I updated my maps by purchasing the newest maps DVD from navigation.com (as reccomended by the dealership). When I got the new DVD in the mail, I was so anxious to install it that I wound up forcing it into the player (located above the glove box) and kept getting a disc read error.
So I then managed to get it out and, still perplexed, pressed the eject button and found another disc already in there!
So the moral of my story is - make sure you ekect the old disc before inserting the new one...
Cheers!

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”