Help with installing the very original HKS EVC

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
hk20000
Car: 1996 Infiniti Q45t

Hello,

I have obtained this old school piece of HKS history from my friend... I'm looking to install it but while there are numerous diagrams and pdfs floating on the internet for later EVC3 onwards there is nothing documenting the original HKS EVC (the 3 button and a knob style as pictured here)

most information I have found are gathered here:
http://1jzmerc.com/hks-faq/accessories/hks-evc

Anyone have any experience with this unit and know if the power and ground hookups are all at the engine bay with the stepper motor or are there wires on the controller that I have to tap in? :wtf2:

I am planning to install this unit onto an internal wastegate factory RB25DET... :gotme

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

I had an old EVC on my C33 Laurel several years ago and if I remember right, it wasn't a difficult install. But, that was an RB20DET. What car do you have? The RB26DETT has a pretty complex system for the turbos that gets a bit confusing for installing a boost controller. I thought about doing a BC on my 33=R when I was living in Japan, but after trying multiple times and never getting it to work right, I gave up and just went with a Night-Pager orifice in place of the factory one to increase boost.

There are diagrams on google that show the vacuum/boost setup on the 26 if that's what your going for.

hk20000
Car: 1996 Infiniti Q45t

Its meant for an Rb25det. I emailed HKS USA and they sent me copies of the relic manual. Now all is well. :)

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”