HELP with headlamp assembly

All things Altima Coupe.
hendric5
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SE

2008 SE V6. Wanted to replace headlamp assemblies due to fogging and some bulbs not working. Ordered replacements from CarParts.com and apparently I ordered halogen replacements instead of replacements that would accommodate Xenon/HID. I cannot return the 2 headlamp assemblies and when looking at correct replacement parts, costs range from $300-$500 per assembly. I have 3 questions - can anyone suggest a reputable site to try to purchase the correct assembly (part label shown below for RH assembly; LH is 26060)? Can I replace just the bulbs and leave the original assemblies installed? Can I somehow "convert" to use the halogen only assemblies? The original wiring harness has a grey connector for the HID ballast whereas the new headlamp assembly uses two halogen bulbs and has no ballast connection.

hendric5
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SE

OK. So I went to O'Reilly's and picked up a new Xenon and halogen bulb and used the replacement turn signal and indicator bulbs to get all the lamps working in the original headlight assembly. However, this still leaves me with very foggy lenses and over $200 worth of new headlight assemblies that I cannot use. So other than 4 fairly cheap bulbs missing from the new assemblies, they are essentially untouched, plastic protective film still on the lenses. How best could I try to sell these to someone at a bit of a discount? Again, they were purchased on CarParts.com to buyer can see what I paid for them.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”