Help with exhaust headers

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
hardpartes
Car: Altima 2010

Hi!
I have a 2010 Altima Sedan 2.5 CVT with takeda intake and now I really want to install racing exhaust headers (without cat). The problem is that I can only find one brand, OBX from eBay, Amazon... I would buy them but after reading some reviews and videos they seem to be bad quality.
I red that everybody is happy with Stillen headers, but where can I buy them? Is there any other good brand to buy?

I found that there are a lot of headers for Nissan Sentras with QR25de, are those compatibles with altimas QR25de? Only by comlaring pictures I can see that they have different bolt pattern, but I am not sure and would like someone to help me clarify what can I buy.

I would like to install it by myself so it would be good to know if it is a direct fit (like the OBX) or not.
I already red the altima coupé thread, but mine is sedan and also I am not sure where to buy and if sentras (B15??) headers fit on altima sedan.

Thanks for reading

MalcolmY

I bought a K&N intake and OBX headers. All I got was extra noise and a little bit of extra HP that doesn't justify the cost.

Save your money, it's really not worth it. I wish I listened to all the people that have said that before me. But if you're adamant about it, you won't find any new Stillen headers. You have to watch like a hawk for a used one on ebay. The only new option is OBX. And yes the OBX is direct fit, you can do it yourself but the exhaust bolts will kill if you're working on the ground and not on a lift (I couldn't take mine off, so I bolted everything back on with a massive exhaust leak from the stock manifold, and took it to a pro to install the new OBX headers).

carldu
Car: 08 Titan

You can go directly to stillen website if you are decided to get one.

hardpartes

Firsr of all, Thank you for your response!
I tried at sillen website but I only see magnaflow with cat

https://www.stillen.com/performance/exh ... ltima.html

There are a lot of other brands for Nissan Sentra 2.5, do they fit?

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Cats are a good thing and will allow your computer to continue to optimize your AFR (among other things). There really isn't much room for longer primaries or a 4-2-1 layout, so any non-custom headers you see aren't really much of an increase in flow or HP. I second MalcolmY's comment. Put the money else where. If you have to have one, the Stillen with cat looks pretty good. See if you can get the computer tuned maybe (advance timing, extend fuel maps, optimize for 91 octane, adjust limiters) ie JWT. Up the fuel pressure, replace the muffler with a straight through. Leave the header, cats and o2 sensors. IMHO. I wonder how your CVT will hold up if you manage to add power. Please keep us posted! :)

hardpartes

I was thinking in puting headers with no cat to get more flow AND because I am permanently getting Engine Service Soon light because of bad CAT (i reset that light like five times a month). So, something could be clogged right now (I think) decreasing performance. So if I put new stock manifold and cat, I am going to notice it, but since i need to change that, I tought why not performance parts? I do not have to do emission tests here that's why I wanted "racing" headers

Edit: also, my car has 124000 miles now, CVT is doing great so far, who know how longer but never heard whining noises and always worked smooth and quick. I know that sooner or later i will have to replace it dough

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”