Help with Brethalyzer

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
bigmike37
Car: M35

Hi all

My girlfriend has to get a breathalyzer installed in her new M35, for obvious reasons:-) The installers said they couldn't do it because of the electronic start switch.

Anyone had any luck with getting a breathalyzer installed? If she can't get it installed, she's going to have to sell it and get something that can have it installed. She just got the car 2 weeks ago!

Thanks in advance,Mike

TXSJaybird

Wow,

Thats a first! Not sure where to find that answer...and glad of it!!

Good luck, hope she gets to keep her M!

TXSJaybird

Wow,

Thats a first! Not sure where to find that answer...and glad of it!!

Good luck, hope she gets to keep her M!

bigmike37

yeah, they're very strict here in AZ about DUI's. 10 days in "tent city" and a breathalyzer for a year!

slipnfall
Car: '06 D40

yep, same as NM... $1000 minimum fine, manditory ignition lockout(breathalizer), and manditory breath screenings monthly... I don't know from personal experiance, but they broadcast PBA's about it all the time. As strict as it is, there are always stories on the news about people on their 8th, 9th DUI conviction... obviously not tough enough.

Anyways, to answer your questions. The first place you should start looking for the ignition module is stereo install shops, who do remote starts. Almost every vehicle has a bypass module available for it. Some even come from the dealer, so check there too. Since it is a newer vehicle though, it may take a little more digging.

HTH,'slip

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Good advice, slipnfall! (Love your name and avatar! )

Yes, usually, the "twelve-volt shops" will have some idea about this, although the 2006 M is so new that it may be unavailable yet.

Also, if the Service Manual is available at the usual place ($20 for a single day access to http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/infiniti/), then that may be another source of information!

Z

bigmike37

Thanks slipnfall. That's great advice. We'll check that out tomorrow and see what the stereo install shops can do.

And she doesn't even think about driving drunk so she learned her lesson.

Thanks again,Mike

Nismo_Freak
Car: 89 240SX

bigmike37 wrote:And she doesn't even think about driving drunk so she learned her lesson.

Thanks again,Mike
Good to hear.

I remember seeing one come in when I was working at Mazda. I was wondering just what exactly it was lol. Talked to the owner, found out what it was, then it took us about 30 minutes to get the thing to start. I must have breathed into it about 50 times.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”