Help with breaking in the engine

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
hedgate
Car: Nissan Altima 2008

Howdy

I'm about to get my 08 Nissan Altima 2.5S Black this week, and I'm kind of worried about how to break the engine in properly so there won't be any surprises later on. Something about driving style and keeping the rpm low? I'm usually a 'smooth' driver, but sometimes I like to floor it when I enter a freeway.

And just out of curiosity, how much did you guys pay here for a new Altima? And has anybody ever tried installing an Infiniti-styled tailight? (One of those LED rings, I mean).

Any help is appreciated

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

Welcome!

Your manual states that you should keep it easy on the engine for about 1000 miles, keeping the rpm's below 3500-4000 i believe. Just do that and you should be fine.

I have not seen anyone do an infiniti taillight conversion yet...ask around though, maybe there's interest! As for price, i have a 3.5 coupe, so i'm not going to be much help there for you...

jungleboogie
Car: '08 VQ35DE Sedan -- Winter Frost w/ Black Leather

just drive it like you stole it. just make sure you get your first oil change at around 1,000 miles or so and upgrade to synthetic after maybe the second oil change.

i'm sure there's a search around NICO in regards to dealing with this topic. you forgot to search didn't you...

frosty606
Car: Nissan altima 2.5s coupe

god damn it , first day i got mijne i went drifitn, trying to do burnout and rev the **** out of it every day hahaha, but i love going fast sooo yea, plus durign matinence they should fix alot fo stuff you damaged

marlin29311

frosty606 wrote:god damn it , first day i got mijne i went drifitn, trying to do burnout and rev the **** out of it every day hahaha, but i love going fast sooo yea, plus durign matinence they should fix alot fo stuff you damaged
During maintenence they aren't going to fix damage that was caused to the engine...that's called a warranty repair that they might not even consider because of the fact that you were negligent to your car...you break stuff because you were being stupid you'd better expect to pay for it...

frosty606
Car: Nissan altima 2.5s coupe

great i am screwed most defintely because i rev it high all the time am i scrwed?

marlin29311

Your engine isn't going to blow up tomorrow or anything - you just might not see the longest life out of it. Make sure you change your oil more frequently if you are flooring it all the time - your oil will degrade faster.

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”