help with afrs please

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
andyo
Car: 92 240sx coupe

so, i decided to give it a try with only 370cc's and everything else stock with a t25 setup. I got a aem wideband, about a month old now, and these were my afrs with a stock g70 and 370cc's on a t25 running 7 psi: idle 14.5-15.8:1, crusing -same as idle-, wot as soon as i hit boost 10.0-slowly moving to 11's. I know its not a real setup, but shouldnt i be running rich all the time with 370's and a g70? Now it felt pretty good, pulled hard after 4k at 7psi but it would backfire once or twice everytime i'd decelerate after the car reached operating temp. my timing is set around 13 running on 93 octane and i checked the spark plugs a couple of times and they looked alright, no signs of too much fuel, in fact i think the ceramic insulator that surrounds the electrode was kinda reddish??? lean? well i finally got an fmu, a cartech adjustable and today i threw the stockers back in the rail and got my fmu hooked up. I started from the leanest (needle all the way out?) to the richest and wasnt even close to getting the right afrs, couldnt even go below 15:1 at wot!! So im all like what the hell??? My wideband sensor is located right after the flex section on my downpipe, could the flex section affect its readings? now the car was running really good with the 370's ecxept for the backfires at decel, for that i was thinking i could move the time forth a little bit, around 17? And what about my fmu? Not working right? I

neverlift

new or used fmu?

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Sounds like it's not installed properly.

airman86

andyo wrote:today i threw the stockers back in the rail
That's why...you'll max out the stock injectors immediately with boost. Why'd you put them back in there?

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”