Help with 2014 SL with Bose Navigation upgrade to Pioneer AVIC W8400

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
ehamano
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL

Hi,

I've been trying to get a Pioneer AVIC-W8400NEX headunit working in my 2014 Nissan Rogue SL w/Bose and Navigation. I'm close to having things up and running (Bose Amp and SirriusXM are good), but have run into issues getting the steering controls working and the around view monitor. For the steering controls, I had attempted to use the recommended ASWC-1 adapter (AX-NIS32SWC-6V) but quickly found it didn't fit. Using the wiring diagrams, I was able to plug into what I believe to be the correct pinouts, but can't get the steering controls to register. I'm wondering if it has to do with the CAN bus system and that not being compatible with the ASWC-1?

Similarly, the Around View monitor seems to be wired up correctly. When I first start the car and put it into reverse, I can see the wonderful backup screen, but after a few moments, the camera switches off. It's almost as though once the Pioneer finishes booting up, the Around View monitor switches off. Either that or the Around View monitor controller isn't getting the right signal to keep the camera on. Is there any way to trick the Around View monitor into staying on? I'm thinking that when the stock head unit is in camera mode, it's sending some sort of signal to the Around View monitor to keep it alive. Is that the CAN bus too? Any way to simulate that?

Thanks!!

ehamano
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL

FWIW, I was able to get the steering controls to work, but still have trouble with the around view monitor. It displays when the car is put into reverse immediately after ignition, but goes black after a minute. When the car is put into reverse after the car has been on, the screen is just black.

Return to “Rogue Forum”