Help? Wheel spacers question!

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
Goodgalz
Car: 2011 Infiniti G37 Convertible

I recently installed new tires on my 2011 G37 Vert. I replaced the Bridgestones with the same size tires but Hankook’s 225/45–19 front and 245/40–19 rear. After I installed Eibach springs a few years ago, the rear tires were really inset so I installed Ichiba spacers. The fronts were fine so no spacers. Now, the fronts seem a bit more inset than before. So I asked for a quote from my dealer to install front spacers (they installed the rears). They quoted me two prices; one for “standard” installation and one ($500 more) if they have to install elongated wheels studs which would require removing the wheel bearings?! This was not an issue with the rears. I am not familiar with this issue so my question is: is this is a possibility and if so, why and shouldn’t the dealer know this without removing the wheels or are they pulling my chain? Thanks in advance!

RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

They are full of s***...

The studs are knocked out with a hammer and then replaced with longer studs to fit the spacer.

Goodgalz
Car: 2011 Infiniti G37 Convertible

Thank you!! I thought that was bullsh*t too but they've always treated me fairly in the past. However, the service guy I've been dealing with since I bought my car has been kind of weird lately. I was picking up on this before he told me the bearings bullsh*t. So, guess it's time to move on...

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”