help w. clutch

Discussion forum for the venerable 510, and its non-US counterparts, the Datsun 1600 and Bluebird.
510reborn

Hey guys.. need your 510 expertise! picked up a 510 from a friend for real good deal... starts and all.. one problem. the clutch pedal goes right to the floor and doesnt shift. I checked the master cylinder and slave and sure enough ---> empty. so i refilled them. My question is how do i bleed the clutch? I do not see a valve on the slave cylinder, only on the brake cylinders... thanks beforehand.

510reborn

BUMP...

Gensaiken
Car: 71 Datsun 510

theres a nipple on the other end of the slave on the transmission its self. Gotta get under the car. It is connected by a rubber line.

I've never actually bled it but thats where it is.

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

yup fill it up, go under the car, have a bud in the car, the bleed valve looks just like the ones on your brakes and the bleeder should be on the top part of the slave across from the supply line, open the valve have him push and hold the clutch pedal then close the valve, repeat till you get a solid stream, then have him pump it a few times then hold to the floor while you open the valve, do this a couple times or untill no more air comes out and you are done

Return to “Datsun 510 / Bluebird”