Help ! Versa Radio Wire codes

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Julz
Car: 07 Nissan Versa

I cant seem to distinguish which wires go to which speaker...I've got it down to the eight that I need, but even with the balance & fadetuned to one speaker, I can't seem to find the right combination....

Anyone with some positive Ideas ???

voltronguy
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL Super Black

I thought the color coding was standard. You might want to consult Crutchfield for a generic wiring diagram.

Rabass
Car: Tiida Q Hatch

probably not what you want to do but if you have them all cut you just get a little 9 volt battery and put the wires over the positive and negative and it should produce a scratching/crackling kinda sound in whatever speaker it is connected to, don't wanna do it too much though, i'd try your local car stereo store first though

XterraVersa
Car: Nissan Xterra & Nismo 350Z

Please post a write up on how you removed the stereo.

I tried to remove dash panels, but nothing seeamed to want to move. I removed the entire console between the seats hoping I could find some screws or bolts to start the removal of the dash.

If I can get that far I can transfer my Pioneer HU with the '95+ wiring harness to the Versa & see if it is the same harness. If it is, then you can get the harness & save the trouble of tracing wires.

Julz

I'm keeping the stereo for now, but to remove it you have to start at the very top of the console...

first pull up on the front of the top vent plate, it slides forward, but you have to go up first.then you'll see two phillips screws, remove those and gently pull that whole outer face off. don't unplug the "passenger airbag status" light instead unsnap the whole assembly from the two pressure clips on the left & right of the assy.

the hazard button can be unplugged...

four screws for the radio and its out.

I still have problems with the pass airbag today.. I guess it won't activate at all anymore...

As for the source for my subs, I used two of the four wires to the (vehicles) right of the larges plug. could'nt find a remote for when the radio is turned on, just the main accessory wire to the radio...

landonb16

would you mind taking pictutres of this process? I am sure it would help a lot of people out.

landonb16

so tonight i tried to take my radio out and i couldnt get the top vent plate off, it felt like it was going to snap in half. How much force did you use to remove the top vent plate? How high did you have to lift it before you slided it forward?

Thanks, Landon

Julz

it is a bit tricky !I pull up on the front two corners, while doing that - I somewhat try to pull forward on the vent area of the plate. it's supposed to slide towards you, butI've only gotten it off by pulling straight up on the front edges..

I've had to remove that cover several times...

I'll have some pics of the process soon !!!

Julz

ok, the pics aren't great, so I hope they help a little bit..!!! don't unplug the airbag light or you will have to reset the ecu with a OBD scanner equiped with abs & airbag capability !!!just pop out the light assembly, the hazard cann be unplugged without any hazards....

Julz

After getting the top plate off, there are two screws for the console face plate located on towards the top. the rest of the face plate pops out.there are four screws for the radio, two on each side..

there's also a plate under the whole center console that just pops out.this spot can be used for adding an accessory of some sort. there space to run wires behind that plate, not much but workable....

hope the pics help !!

Julz

Now with this plug...

With the radio faced down as in the pic there's a big brown wire on the right.Leave that alone, but starting from there the speakers are as follows:*all of these wires have single silver dashes

Green & Blue = Front right speakerCyan & Grey = Front left "

White & Brown = Rear right speakerPurple & Red = Left rear "

I forgot which ones are the tweeters or if they're shared with the front speakers. "If you're Versa is equipped"

On the left side there is another Cyan wire between a black wire & blue wire,This can be used as an accessory remote. It (cyan wire on the left) Is powered when the the key is turned on, regardless of whether or not the radio is on.

MIdnkight-lude

wow now i know what you guys ment, i tried lifting the vent itself.

Scuba Steve
Car: 2007 Nissa Versa 1.8SL Technology Pakage 6 Speed, Black

If I want to leave the factory deck in and add another stereo deck in the CD storage above the factory deck. I know I can do ALL the wiring and switch off the speaker wires from the original deck with switches and all etc. BUT is there a bracket or something to moun t it on. It would be awsome if I can install the deck and conceal it behing the storage flap.....

Scuba

LF65
Car: 2007 Versa Blue Onyx 1.8SL Power Pkg. Sony GTX300 stereo, Visoink 300 watt amp and 12 inch sub

Wow!! the pics are really helpful.Now which ones are the power wire and ground??I'm going to try and hook up a new deck and get this factory stuff out.

Thanks!!

Return to “Versa General Chat”