HELP! TRUNK WONT OPEN

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
jakew81
Car: 2007 Nisan Altima 2.5S

Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5SProblem: Today for no apparent reason my trunk just stopped opening, it will not open using the remote, button inside the car or the button on the trunk outside of the car. I have been able to use the glowing emergency handle so the truck can open but for some reason all the other options wont work.

Any suggestions you could offer would be great as to how to fix this would be great. Its still under warranty with only 25K on it so I am not to worried but would rather not take to a dealer if I can avoid it.

Jake

mcheddadi
Car: R8

There is a switch that you must have activated my mistake. try searching in your user manual for its location and when you inactivate it you should be able to open your trunk normally.

jakew81

mcheddadi wrote:There is a switch that you must have activated my mistake. try searching in your user manual for its location and when you inactivate it you should be able to open your trunk normally.
Is this a manual switch? I did the same thing with my Stratus years ago. I looked everywhere but could not find the dam thing. I will check out the manual.

jakew81

Dooht! Just found the damn switch! Its on the left side of the glove box.

tmacin2926
Car: Altima Coupe

glove box

Korogu32
Car: 2010 Nissan Maxima SV
1995 Nissan 240sx

Hey everyone, New to this forum but I had the exact same issue with my 2010 Maxima and I have completed the repair and have had no further issues with the trunk button or the fob trunk release button so with my car trunk I found that opening and closing the trunk lights would flicker and then go out. Obviously meaning there was something causing on the motion of the open/close so I began to shake the wires from the latch to the deck lid hinge where they first made my license plate lights flicker(noting it as first) continued to trace the wires into the trunk and ti the plug that connects the wires coming from the front of the vehicle to the trunk(no flickering). I unplugged the the plug lead to trunk actuator, then remembering exactly where I noted the flicker on the wire and cut into the rubber stripping to expose the wires. Upon opening I found that the black wire was completely severed and the orange, blue, purple wires were also exposed and definitely was the cause of the break in power to the trunk (photos attached) . After carefully looking at the wires I found that there was a factory zip tie that was pulling and pinching the wires finally cutting through and all around causing the the short I proceeded to remove the zip tie and trash it so as to give the wires a little more freedom to move with the deck lid opening and close in I spliceD and re- attached the wires ran the wires back to the connector tested and heard the sound of a freshly opened trunk. Sealed all the weatherstripping up (electrical tape)and I put all the interior covers back on and havent has an issue sense. I don’t if this helps anyone but it definitely worked me so maybe it could save someone from taking it to a dealer and paying thousands of dollar. Anyways good luck hope it helps. https://m.imgur.com/hot/trunk_issue/64YYxbh

Return to “Altima General Discussions”