HELP- Security Alarm went off while car was running

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
haleakalag

Thanks in advance- This is a first for any car I have ever known. I just got in my 2017 Q70, started the car, and 10 seconds later the security alarm went off. Lights flashing, horn, blue light on dash. I could have driven with it going off. It stopped after a minute, hasn't happened again after 3 starts this AM. Any ideas what could trigger it while car is on???

reggiebrown40
Car: 2018 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport
2011 Infiniti M56x - Dead

doesn't sound like a factory alarm. blue light might mean it's an aftermarket system.

haleakalag

No, it’s the factory alarm. Horn and lights go on and off, along with a small blue light on the dashboard. I just hit the panic alarm button on the fob and it does the same thing. And the fob didn’t cause it this Am, it was in the cup holder when I started the car. You have to hold it down for a second.

ibc
Car: Infiniti M56x

Blue light? What blue light? No such light on ours. You might want to post a photo of it.

The Factory Service Manuals are here

haleakalag

When you hit the panic button on your key fob, 3 things happen. Horn starts honking, lights start flashing, and a small light (blue) on the dash starts blinking. This is stock Infiniti. Otherwise there is a small red flashing icon indicating the alarm on. That goes away when hit the panic button on fob. In any event, has anyone ever seen or heard of alarm/panic mode spontaneously occurring WHILE the car is running??? With 5 Infinitis over the years, and 4 Nissans, never saw this. Thanks.

Yoda's Master
Car: 2012 M56
2009 370z

You bought it new or used?

haleakalag

Used Certified Infiniti. No aftermarket anything. I see now that the blue light that flashes with the horn/lights is the Brights headlight icon. In any event, the question is why did the alarm go off while engine is running. I thought ECU etc was programmed to not allow that.

Yoda's Master
Car: 2012 M56
2009 370z

you might want to take it back to the dealership for some diagnostics

haleakalag

Y, I figured it’s complicated and needs dealer service. I have not been able to duplicate it. The only other odd thing is my trunk latch doesn’t fully release about 1/4 of the time. I have to use the button by the trunk again. And the motor that closes the trunk last few inches if needed doesn’t always activate. Wonder if it’s some oddball sensor thing.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”