:help S13 Red Top in a S14 Chassis :help

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
rcto50

Hello All!

First off, I like to mention that I'm new here. And I'm not necessarily 100% familiar with Nissan Products. I'm having a little trouble with a SR20DET (S13 Red Top) swap in my Canadian model 1995 S14 chassis. Particluarly, with the ABS wiring. I'd like to keep ABS operational with the S13 engine.

It appears that the ABS wires are intergrated into the KA engine harness. Does anyone know how to go about re-wiring the ABS, so it can work in harmony with the S13 engine?? Thanks for your time!!

rcto50

SpeedRacer1
Car: 1990 240SX, G35

To be honost, if your wiring harness didnt come with ABS lines and the ECU wasnt programmed for ABS use then you might have to just not use it. Im not sure wether your harness was mode for ABS use but if it was then you should be able to locate the wires on the harness and splice them.

rcto50

SpeedRacer1 wrote:To be honost, if your wiring harness didnt come with ABS lines and the ECU wasnt programmed for ABS use then you might have to just not use it. Im not sure wether your harness was mode for ABS use but if it was then you should be able to locate the wires on the harness and splice them.

I got the S13 with a complete un-cut engine harness. I don't believe there were any connectors resembling ABS.

As for the ABS ECU on my S14 chassis...it appears to be 1-piece with the ABS Modulator unit, I'm not sure...but I think it operates independently from the Engine ECU?

SpeedRacer1
Car: 1990 240SX, G35

Go here and pick up the S14 Factory service manual if you dont already have it, so that you can figure out how your cars electrics work better. http://www.silviaaustralia.com/techinfo.asp

rcto50

SpeedRacer1 wrote:Go here and pick up the S14 Factory service manual if you dont already have it, so that you can figure out how your cars electrics work better. http://www.silviaaustralia.com/techinfo.asp

Thanks Dude!:ylsuper

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”