HELP__Replace Stereo Head Unit

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
dannyg
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35x

I have a 2007 M35x and I am trying to replace the stereo with a modern unit. I purchased the Kunfine Android 10 unit that was supposed to match, but the harnesses are wrong and they literally have zero instructions. After looking at the schematics of the car I see why very few have updated this head unit. I am going to attempt to try again this weekend. I do not want to cut up the original wires unless I have to. Can someone give me some tips on matching the Clarian PN-2701B unit and DP8W-1200U screen with a modern double din unit?

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

As far as I know there are no plug and play units to the head units we have in these cars. Also if you take out the OEM head unit you will lose voice commands. Also some NAV functionality but that has been useless for years with no updates anyway.

Someone on here (I think Rookie?) has a mini tutorial thread about adding a new and modern head unit to these cars to run alongside the OEM unit to retain all functionality but gain modern Google Maps and Android Auto and bluetooth streaming.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”