*HELP* Remote start install

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
mohlenbrock1997
Car: 2004 Nissan Altima 3.5L SE package

I have a 2004 Nissan Altima with a 3.5 engine and SE package. I recently installed a remote start and have been having some issues with the install. After tapping into my tach wire (so the remote starter can know if the vehicle has started) I received a service engine soon light with the code P0725 otherwise know as Engine speed signal. After I disconnect the wire I tapped into with and clear the code it does not come back. Then as soon as I reconnect it I get the code again. Is there another wire I could tap into? Am I doing something wrong as far as how i'm tapping into the wire? I have tried the way that the starters company says to do (bulldog security deluxe 500 starter) along with soldering it in and using a scotch lock. At this point I have exhausted my resources and would greatly appreciate any help. :help:
Thanks in advance

Chris

P.S. :newbie:

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

The ECU doesn't like something about what you've done...

If you're sure you have the right wire (confirm it by checking the service manual at http://www.nissanservicemanual.com ) then I would try putting a diode in there. That would allow voltage to flow from the factory wire to your alarm - but prevent any noise or pulses that are coming out of the alarm on that wire from getting back into the circuit. Kind of a 2 way mirror... the alarm sees the signal, but the ECU can't tell that the alarm is there. I'd be surprised if this fixes it - because the alarm should already be engineered in a way that doesn't cause an issue - but it's worth a try.

http://www.radioshack.com/1n4003-micro- ... ml#start=3

The line on the diode would go toward your alarm.

I'm assuming you've contacted Bulldog tech support to see if they have any suggestions? http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/re ... eo500.html

Good luck!

Heath

mohlenbrock1997

i did contact tech support and after many different attempts to fix it i am still at a dead end i will try the diode. i thought about it but as you said it would be strange for the remote start to cause this but i thought id see if anyone else had any suggestions thanks for the response ill let you know!!!! thanks again

Chris

mohlenbrock1997

Amazingly enough the diode was working...key word was! I installed a diode and it appeared to be working.then the code came back... it took much longer then before but it is still throwing the code I don't get it im so lost any other suggestions?

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

I would remove the diode from the circuit and test it to see if it failed. If so, I would try a larger diode - but I think the longer running time without the code is a coincidence. I can't imagine anything burning out the diode in a circuit like this...

Is there any other signal the remote start could use?

Heath

Return to “Altima General Discussions”