V8 swap, PS line questions

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
lancer_013
Car: V8 s13 in the making
02 wrx daily cruiser

Well I'm doin a v8 conversion in my s13 my question is for the rack and pinion which is the pressure line for the rack top or bottom let me know thanks in advance

lancer_013
02 wrx daily cruiser

Any body know

lancer_013
02 wrx daily cruiser

Were the help any one know help please

lancer_013
02 wrx daily cruiser

I don't believe no one can't tell me it's either the top
or bottom wow

lancer_013
02 wrx daily cruiser

............... F

nismoracingsx
Car: 1993 White 240sx Coupe

isn't one line bigger than the other? pressure line is the smaller line.

lancer_013
02 wrx daily cruiser

So would be the right side one

lancer_013
02 wrx daily cruiser

So would be the right side one

motoman399
Car: 98' wrecked (RHD coming soon) 240

dude you are doing a v8 swap in a non v8 car, and you want to know the pressure line??? seriously???? like for real.... post a pic ill tell you from looking at it.

lancer_013
02 wrx daily cruiser

Want to know on the rack which one it is

motoman399
Car: 98' wrecked (RHD coming soon) 240

motoman399 wrote: post a pic ill tell you from looking at it.

Speckid
Car: 2002 Nissan SE-R Spec V

when in doubt, always depend on your fsm.

Here is the link:
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/240sx/91-94/ST.pdf

It is page ST-13, first picture, the description is on the right. Follow the assigned lines up to the power steering reservoir if those were the ones you were curious about.

It's good to ask questions, don't let people discourage your efforts, but don't be obnoxious either. Goodluck, happy modding!
~Speckid~

WARFOR2
Car: 1991 240sx
2004 cavalier

daftinnovations.com has all the things you will need for a ls motor swat. they make the powersteering lines for pretty cheap with the proper fittings. you can email rich and let him know what pump you are using along with a pick and he will make the lines. the feed/pressure line is 120 and the return is 45. thats the price with the raise that just took place. its still cheaper than buying new lines and trying to modify them to work. i've been doing homework on my swap for about 2 years now and he has the best stuff from what ive seen. his kit even comes with a modified front crossmember. he makes about everything for the swap except for the exhaust. to much rambling lol.

p.s. i know the posts has been dead for a while now lol

Speckid4
Car: 1995 240sx
1993 240sx

WARFOR2 wrote:daftinnovations.com has all the things you will need for a ls motor swat. they make the powersteering lines for pretty cheap with the proper fittings. you can email rich and let him know what pump you are using along with a pick and he will make the lines. the feed/pressure line is 120 and the return is 45. thats the price with the raise that just took place. its still cheaper than buying new lines and trying to modify them to work. i've been doing homework on my swap for about 2 years now and he has the best stuff from what ive seen. his kit even comes with a modified front crossmember. he makes about everything for the swap except for the exhaust. to much rambling lol.

p.s. i know the posts has been dead for a while now lol

I think you could still do it a lot cheaper if you do your research and do the work yourself. DIY rules.

Also Lancer, what kind of v8 are you doing? Ls? early chevy v8? 5.0? Be specific

Speckid :dblthumb:

WARFOR2
Car: 1991 240sx
2004 cavalier

for an ls style motor, that site has the cheapest mount kit, with a modified crossmember. That site also has the largest parts list for the ls swap. Certain parts can be done yourself which they will tell you how, but if you aren't the type that can mod or weld or fabricate, these are convienient. Me i'm planning on using his mount kit, header flanges, driveshaft, clutch cylinger kit powersteering lines, and maybe the wiring service. It will make things smoother. I'm going to use a jegs weldup header kit, and a summitracing universal digital gauge set. I know i can make most of the parts myself, but to buy all the tools that i might need, including a welder don't make sence. plus i'm doing my swap on the street once i have everything together lol. i'm not doing anything until i have everything, and the only labor i'm paying for is bodywork, and exhaust/ header welding. The car will be painted for free once the engine is in. having most of the parts premade will make things go faster when doing the swap, then tow to the exhaust shop and drive to the body shop.

Return to “Hybrids”