Help Q won't start

Got questions about your Infiniti? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
90azQ45

:confused: I own a 1990 Q45 with 94,000 miles. It has never given me any problems and I have taken very good care of it. Today my car would not start. The engine cranks and turns but that's it. It's almost as if I had run out of gas! Prior to this the car had not given me any warnings. I have never had any problems or wierd noises coming from the fuel pump and the car idled smoothly. What could be wrong???

greg_atlanta
Car: 2008 G35 Journey Sedan, silver/black (no sunroof), 1992 Q45 (in a past life)

Is it flooded?

If you started the car cold, moved it a few parking spaces, or from garage to driveway, then immediately shut it off, it's flooded.

That's the simple explanation.... otherwise I'd guess fuel pump (it could have died a sudden death with no cries for help).

911/Q45
Car: Autos, Fitness

Have the timing chain guides been updated? If not, it may have jumped time. If they have been, then check for fuel and spark. Jerry Tucker's place in San Diego isn't too far away if you're not a big do it yourselfer. Having it towed there might be money well spent.

Return to “Infiniti Online Mechanic”