Help needed with alignment specs

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
sparky101
Car: 1983 nissan/datsun 720 4x4 kingcab
1985 nissan/datsun RWD kingcab

Hello everyone, i am new to the forums and i have been looking for the alignment specifications for my 83.5 4x4 kingcab. My local alignment shop has told me that are unable to help me due to the age of my truck. i have looked everywhere on the forum and havent had any luck. Ive come close while looking in the online service manual, but the print is too small and i am unable to zoom in without it blurring out. Does anyone happen to have the exact specification numbers for my truck? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ibjman
Car: 1986 720 King Cab Z24

Do you have a specific problem related to alignment?
I don't know how the various angles are adjusted on your model, but......
Generally speaking you should be ok with the toe set at 0 to 1/8 inch toed in.
Maybe 0 deg. camber or slightly positive, say no more than 1/2 degree positive on the left and 1/4 degree positve on the right.
Castor needs to be as close as possible when compared side to side.......permissible to set either side up to 1 degree different from the opposite side as needed to correct pull to one side. No more than 1 degree.

First thing to determine is if your issue is actually alignment correctable or related to some other failure.
Regards, Ibj...

Return to “Datsun 720”