Help Needed, VG30de into D21 Navara

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
DIFDIF
Car: Nissan D21 Navara with a vg30det Swap

Hi Everyone

Im new here was really hoping to get some help as ive already used a lot of the diagrams posted on here and they have been so helpful.

I have done a VG30de conversion into a 1993 Navara which already was running the VG30e auto and added a TD05H

i have fitted the VG30de to the VG30e auto gearbox and have some questions as im having a couple of issues.

Firstly im struggling to get her to idle. it revs up fine but just wont idle, ive set all sensors like all the manuals that people have posted explains, ie TPS, CAS, IVAC sensors and MAF is brand new, only thing that i havent fitted is an oxygen sensor. i have done the usual bypass of the egr, water lines, and vaccum valves for fuel lines.

now the biggest thing im having issues with is once i have it reving up as soon as i put it into gear the engine dies like its running out of petrol, everytime. so im wondering do i need to connect the A/T wires off the ECU to the Transmission ECU. i was going to do this but i cant find any pinouts pictures that tell you which wires go to what all the say is A/T Controller. should i get a manual ECU or maybe the fuel pump out of the ute for the VG30e isnt big enough to keep up with the VG30de fuel requirements. i may need to fit a bigger pump and a decent fuel regulator.

any advice is good, thanks guys

Ziggy1621
Car: '90 Z32 TT (Shibui)
'90 Z32 2+0 NA
'68 311 Roadster
2004 Rx330
2011 BMW 550i (TT)

You said you haven't fitted an O2 sensor. Well if it doesn't know what the A/F is, it will guess... and from the sound of it, it is guessing incorrectly. Get 2 O2 sensors on it and see what happens. Have you ran an ECU test?`

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”