Help needed

For discussion of front-drive SR20DE, SR20VE and SR20DET engines!
Trust_Tiida
Car: Tiida 2006 1.6L JDM

Experts of the SR20VET engine I need your help.I am working on my C11 Tiida to make the world first engine swap for it.what are the most essintial stuff and where I can find a good SR20VE with a manule transsmission.Another quistion is the SR20DET manifold will fit the SR20VE and what kind of ECU tune do you recomend.

Thanking you all for your support

Trust_Tiida

???????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trust_Tiida

... you know what I think that I don't need your help at all.Am doing it on my own.

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

DET manifolds will fit a VE, but the VE has slightly larger ports than other SR's, so the fit may not be great.

Google tells me that Jahra is in Kuwait, correct me if that's wrong, but, regardless, I don't know where you'd get a VE or VET in your part of the world. You could try contacting some US or Japanese companies - Soko (soko.com) and tigerjapanese.com are two such US companies - but they may not ship half way around the world, and even if they do it will be very expensive.

Additionally, the Tiida is equivalent to our Versa, which has never had an SR, and, therefore, you're going to need to fabricate custom motor mounts and splice together wiring harnesses to make an SR fit and run. It will be a huge task. Doable, but difficult and expensive.

I apologize for the slow response.

Trust_Tiida

I am ready to pay up to 8000 USD just to get the engine and do the conversion.plus I want to give haters a reason to die. thank you bro the thing is if am using an SR20VE and turbo charge it I will use the Pulsar ECU right?so what data mangement should I use???

nametakennow

I'd use the ECU that came with the SR20VE, then use a standalone fuel management system to correct, or at least a good piggyback. Something like Greddy's E-Manage should do the trick.

Be careful though, the non-turbo VE has a very high compression ratio. You'll want lower compression pistons with that, or after much boost you'll blow the whole thing up. Optimally, you could find a factory VET, which would have to come out of a Nissan X-Trail from Australia or New Zealand (they may have had them in Japan too, I don't remember off-hand).

Trust_Tiida

Thanks buddy but about e-manage many of my friends don't recommend that. They say Haltech and Motec are better. idk About the VE it will be N/A I won't go turbo cus of the stupid weather here in Kuwait.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuwait

nametakennow

Go with whatever you want, those were just examples. I haven't used a standalone system, so if you know someone who has, probably better to consult them on that one.

Your posts seemed to indicate that you were doing a VE+T setup.

Use the VE's ECU, I wouldn't bother with any additional management until you've modded it extensively, and even then, a piggyback will be fine unless you've replaced a bunch of internals.

Return to “SR20DE / SR20VE / SR20DET Forum (front drive)”