HELP NEEDED PLEASE!!!!

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
KoZZ76
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe

OK, here is the deal. I had to replace my battery in the G so i did it over the weekend. I figured that I would upgrade from the OEM battery to a Optima Yellow Top. The problem is that when i did the battery swap, it seems as if some things are not working any more. Is there anything that i could do to return those items, or this is going require me to return it to the dealership? :confused:

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

What specifically is not working?

(Not questioning anyones' abilities but...)

Is there any possibility the battery could have been installed backwards...even momentarily?
Grounding the positive battery cable while any of the capacitors are still partially charged may cause a problem.

First thing to do would be check the fuses in the battery are. The fuse block that you can see from the removed battery cover should have several larger control fuses under a small cover. I'd start there.

Secondly I know some of the Yellow tops have smaller negative terminals, it's not loose at all is it. It really shouldn't move at all. Is the hold down still there?

KoZZ76
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe

SteveTheTech wrote:What specifically is not working?

(Not questioning anyones' abilities but...)

Is there any possibility the battery could have been installed backwards...even momentarily?
Grounding the positive battery cable while any of the capacitors are still partially charged may cause a problem.

First thing to do would be check the fuses in the battery are. The fuse block that you can see from the removed battery cover should have several larger control fuses under a small cover. I'd start there.

Secondly I know some of the Yellow tops have smaller negative terminals, it's not loose at all is it. It really shouldn't move at all. Is the hold down still there?
Steve,

Its cool, not offended one bit.

I bought the battery @ Advanced Auto Parts and the technician insisted that they would install the battery free of charge so I agreed. She stated that they would hook up to the car port under steering wheel ensuring I would not lose power and all my settings would remain the same as if the battery was never disconnected….cool. Than she proceeded to remove old battery and replaced with new one (I watched the entire process and know for a fact that she never reversed the polarity, or hooked up the battery incorrectly.) After she had completed the task however, I did notice the plug under the dash was not connected correctly since it was just laying on the floor mat. At this point (100+ degrees outside sweating like a whore in church) I figured no big deal, will reset radio stations/seat position memory when I get home. Upon arriving home I started the process to return all settings to where I had them before the battery swap and all was good. For one reason or another, I hit the seat warmers and noticed that even after several minutes, they were not working. Due to that discovery, I popped the hood and reexamined the battery compartment. I checked the battery leads to ensure they were tight and correctly positioned, and they were. The last thing I did was check the fuses in the fuse box directly in front of the battery and again, no issues.

So here we are today without heated seats (Not a big issue right now since I will probably not need them for a few more months) in the G35. Do you have any other suggestions????
:confused:

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”