Help needed...'03 M45 SAT wiring harness install...

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Bag302

I know I'm late to this party, but I just picked up a super clean '03 M45 which I am thoroughly enjoying.

This car was not pre-wired for satellite radio so I purchased the SAT install kit with the receiver, antenna and wiring harness for non pre-wired vehicles.

Yesterday, I took the whole center console and dash apart, but I could not find where to connect the NS-10 plug anywhere near the receiver.

I guess my questions are: 1)Is the receiver built into the cassette player and the box below it? 2) Is there anywhere else I should be looking for the NS-10 harness? Are there any other locations for the head unit?

I have instructions for a 2003 Maxima and the great G35 write up from g-owners.com and I know what I'm looking for (just can't find it)

I realize this post is a long shot, but I'm desperate. Any help would be appreciated. I'm gonna post this over at FA as well.

Thanks!

cremecreme
Car: 2003 m45

hey well, when you get it...can you please post a how to for this cause i really dont know if anyone here has tackled that...shoot if you went that far u might as well hooked up NAVI

Bag302

I'll definately post a how to if I can figure out how to. LOL

philb
Car: 2003 M45

Many early 03 M45's didn't have harnesses for Sat Radio.

The one I purchased had SAT installed, but the CD player didn't work, so the previous owner took it out. That's all I know about that!

I would also love to know how this is done.

I know that there is a special auxiliary audio input called a PAC AII-NIS2 for 2003-2006 Nissan's and Infiniti's but what I'd like to know is if that along with a SAT harness would make an early 2003 M45 SAT ready?

Bag302

I actually have the PAC converter. I just took t out of my 2004 Maxima. It gave me 2 aux inputs through the SAT portion of the factory radio. PAC's website doesn't specify it being compatable with an 03 M45 though.

philb

At the risk of sounding uninformed (which I believe many are as regards the early 03 M45 Sat capability) It seems to me that if one installed the satellite receiver with a Satellite wiring kit, and used the PAC convertor, you would then be able to plug in the SAT radio and the CD changer. The factory switches then would determine which was playing. This is my weak attempt at explaining what I think might work.

Does anyone else out there have any experience doing this?

I've asked infiniti-parts.com (Cody) and he notified me that my early 03 did not have the SAT harness installed. He was helpful, but not sure how to make the SAT addition.

HELP

Bag302

Update on this. It turns out I was sent the wrong wiring harness. I've since received a replacement harness and will be tackling the job this weekend. I will also see if the PAC AAI-NIS2 has any use with this car. I doubt it though because the M45 radio has different sized plugs on the back than the rest of the newer Infiniti/Nissan lineup. I will update after this weekend.

I also need to post in the 'roll call' thread as I've only had my M for a week. Love It!!

Bag302

Well, I got the right harness. Unfortunately, I had to disable the CD changer to get this to work. I spoke to several dealers and they say I should definately be able to use both the SAT and CD.

I REALLY need the instructions for this thing. Not the receiver install, but the HARNESS install. If anyone can help, I'd owe big.

I'm ready to do a how-to write up for this, but just need to figure out this last bit. Thanks.

philb

this is exactly why the previous owner of my '03 M45 removed the SAT radio, because he had to disable the CD player. Can you tell me what you have to disable?

I thought maybe the PAC AAI-NIS2 could help solve this.

Any info you could give on this would help me install SAT radio on my car too.

Thanks!

philb

Bag302

The PAC unit is not compatible with our cars unfortunately.

After speaking with some dealers, the SAT wiring should go like this: 1)From head unit to the Satellite receiver 2) A 2nd harness goes from the SAT receiver to the CD changer, forming a loop.

I need to yank out the CD changer and see if there is an unused plug behind it. There is nothing available for a return on the head unit that I can see.

RAGTPZ
Car: 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo Convertible, 2010 Infiniti FX50S

Here are the instructions I used: http://www.cincyz.com/RAGTPZ/M...S.pdf

Everything works, this install is a PITA though. It took me about 6 hours to do as all the components you have to remove. I would do it again though, it's very clean when its done.

Good luck.

Bag302

RAGTPZ wrote:Here are the instructions I used: http://www.cincyz.com/RAGTPZ/M...S.pdf

Everything works, this install is a PITA though. It took me about 6 hours to do as all the components you have to remove. I would do it again though, it's very clean when its done.

Good luck.
You, my friend, are a life saver!!! I've been looking for this document for over a week! It is all crystal clear now and will have this project completed this weekend!

In addition to running the SAT harness to the trunk, the CD changer harness needs to be run from the SAT receiver in the trunk all the way back up front to CD changer itself.

Thanks again!!

RAGTPZ
Car: 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo Convertible, 2010 Infiniti FX50S

Great, glad I could help out. Let us know how it turns out.

JohnP

I picked up an 03 a few weeks ago. How do I tell if I have the satellite installed in my 03 and if it's Sirius or XM? Thanks.

Bag302

JohnP wrote:I picked up an 03 a few weeks ago. How do I tell if I have the satellite installed in my 03 and if it's Sirius or XM? Thanks.
Infiniti started pre-wiring in MY 2003 after a certain VIN #. If the last 6 digits of your VIN are under 005900 (somewhere around there) then your car was not pre-wired. Mine was under 4000, so it was not pre-wired.

Also, there will be a sticker on the driver's door jamb that will say "this car is pre-wired for satellite radio"

The most conclusive way to check is to remove the trunk liner on the driver's side quarter panel and see if the plug is actually there.

flizsr45
Car: 2003-Infiniti M45

10:25 AM 2/25/2007 i thought this post dated a few days ago fixed the problem.

JohnP

Bag302 wrote:
Infiniti started pre-wiring in MY 2003 after a certain VIN #. If the last 6 digits of your VIN are under 005900 (somewhere around there) then your car was not pre-wired. Mine was under 4000, so it was not pre-wired.

Also, there will be a sticker on the driver's door jamb that will say "this car is pre-wired for satellite radio"

The most conclusive way to check is to remove the trunk liner on the driver's side quarter panel and see if the plug is actually there.
Rats, mine is in the 2500 Vin range and is not pre-wired. I guess I will have to decide if I want to do the wiring harness and have it integrated or just run my antenna and cables and mount to the windshield. Thanks for the info.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”