HELP Need Detailed Info On VH45DE Into Commodore VK

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
aplzzz
Car: 1986 VK Commodore

OK, this is my first post here, i am new to this site, have tried searching for some detailed info in putting a VH45DE motor into a VK Commodore, with no luck. I am considering just getting rid of the Commodore and maybe getting an R32 Skyline rolling body to put the motor in. I'd like to know what is the easiest way for me to go, VH45DE into R32 or VH45DE into VK Commodore. I don't really want to let go of the current car i have now as i put a lot of work into it but if it means Getting an R32 Skyline is the better and more easier option then i am happy to go for it. If anyone here has done a VH45DE conversion in any kind of car body i'd like some detailed information so it can help me out because i have already tried taking it to a shop and they just about got the motor in, they wiggled and jiggled but could not get it in. And they said even if it were to go in it would not pass cert as the starter motor would be hitting the power steering. Any help to point me in the right direction would be most helpful and save me time and money. I have already learned the hard way without researching and planning ahead.. :facepalm:

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

The large majority of us are in America, we don't have the R32 or the Commodore. When I was stationed oversea's I did have 2 R32 GTS-ts though, I'd say a R32 with a VH45 would be an awesome car and well worth any trouble it involves.

Cheers.

Return to “Hybrids”