Help! Need center caps for Veilside Andrew Golt wheels.

NICO's V.I.P. styling forum.
cnichols
Car: 96 Nissan 240SX, 99 Infiniti Q45, 93 Ford Fastiva

Picked up these wheels yesterday...

They need the centers refinished and some center caps. If anyone knows where I can find some new or used center caps, it would be greatly appreciated.

owinbush
Car: 1998 Inifinit Q45
2009 Nissan Cube

Not trying to be funny....but good luck, and by the way those are beautiful wheels. What are the specs on them?

Last time I checked those wheels weren't made anymore and its been a long time since they were in production. I may be wrong however.

Your best bet is to contact Veilside directly and see if they have any that they can put their hands on. After that you may need to hit up someone like Grant in JDM land and see if he can put his hands on a set, new or used.

Good Luck

REC
Car: 90 Q45 (100shot Nos - Nico Stage 3 Ecu)

Hey you got these from I guy I know from canada that had them on a local forum NWN. I almost bought them myself but the fact that the face and the lips needed to be re-finished plus no center caps killed it for me. I tried looking myself but had no luck. These wheels were dis-continued some time ago so getting center caps will be very difficult. He had them on his sc400 and they looked ok without them but would obviously look much better with them. Goodluck

jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

Chris, you suck at this game. You haven't even had your ride that long and you're making tremendous progress. You might try Yahoo! auctions Japan. Good luck bro.

cnichols

owinbush wrote:Not trying to be funny....but good luck, and by the way those are beautiful wheels. What are the specs on them?

Last time I checked those wheels weren't made anymore and its been a long time since they were in production. I may be wrong however.

Your best bet is to contact Veilside directly and see if they have any that they can put their hands on. After that you may need to hit up someone like Grant in JDM land and see if he can put his hands on a set, new or used.
Yes, I know you're not...it's going to be tough. If I can't find them, I'll just have a machine shop fab up something. I do believe though that the three lineups of Veilside Andrew wheels might have all used the same centercaps which will make it a bit easier.

Already contacted Veilside...already told me no.

Specs:

-19"x9.0" +24 LOW DISK-19"x10.5" +18 SUPER LOW DISK

Not too bad, but for now it'll do with a spacer up front.
REC wrote:Hey you got these from I guy I know from canada that had them on a local forum NWN. I almost bought them myself but the fact that the face and the lips needed to be re-finished plus no center caps killed it for me. I tried looking myself but had no luck. These wheels were dis-continued some time ago so getting center caps will be very difficult. He had them on his sc400 and they looked ok without them but would obviously look much better with them. Goodluck
Yup, same guy. I want them black anyways, so I don't think it'll be a big deal to take out the centers since they're three piece wheels and either paint, hard anodize, or powdercoat them. Plus, in black, it will be way less noticeable that the centercaps aren't there while I try and track down a set.
jltibbs wrote:Chris, you suck at this game. You haven't even had your ride that long and you're making tremendous progress. You might try Yahoo! auctions Japan. Good luck bro.
Hahaha...I am trying. I just love it too much to stop modding it. Unfortunately, this will probably be it for a little while. Windows are tinted, Cima grille is on, will be lowered this week. After that, I'm just going to work on a custom exhaust and that should be it for some time.

I am definitely going to be browsing Yahoo! Japan a lot...probably my best bet.

owinbush
2009 Nissan Cube

what are these going on? a Y33? What color? Pic?

If they are going on a Y33 you are correct to invest in some spacers at least for the front. I'm running 19x9.5+15 all the way around and I could use another 7-10mm of poke out front and at least 5 out back. your rears should be right on point.

Also I personally think they look great in the diamond cut or polished finish if you can find someone to refinish them that way. Painted is cool but a metallic polished or DC finish really sets the style of this wheel off IMHO. Even chrome looks good. Check out this car which belongs to a guy named Rich from AZ.... good guy on VSC. very similar if not dead on the same wheels. Just something to consider.

jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

Sorry to thread jack, but Omari, I got my tint guy to agree to order Suntek's 50% blue tint. There's a catch though. Me plus 2-3 more people have to get the job done there. We both know why, it's just a matter of finding people that want to go with the Mercedes blue. Let me know if you here of someone interested.

/thread jack

cnichols

owinbush wrote:what are these going on? a Y33? What color? Pic?

If they are going on a Y33 you are correct to invest in some spacers at least for the front. I'm running 19x9.5+15 all the way around and I could use another 7-10mm of poke out front and at least 5 out back. your rears should be right on point.

Also I personally think they look great in the diamond cut or polished finish if you can find someone to refinish them that way. Painted is cool but a metallic polished or DC finish really sets the style of this wheel off IMHO. Even chrome looks good. Check out this car which belongs to a guy named Rich from AZ.... good guy on VSC. very similar if not dead on the same wheels. Just something to consider.
Yes, a Black 99 Y33. I was thinking about just spraying them black to figure out what color scheme to go with. I've seen Black on Black Y33s look amazing, but I also agree with a machine or polish finish as well. Would look really good seeing how thick the spokes are. If I don't like the black, I'll just have them blasted and polished or powdercoated. Chrome is the only thing I won't consider. The wheels are coming with spacers, but they may not be enough... I just couldn't stand the stock wheels any longer. Still need some center caps though.

Thanks for the input.

Does anyone know an apporximate torque setting for the bolts holding the wheel together? I'm assuming in the mid 30 ft-lb. range, but I'm not going to just guess. Being alloy, there's no way it could be much past that I wouldn't think.

sci2000tech
Car: s13.5 RB20DET 'Vert

From what I have read, It should be closer to 12 - 15 ft-lb's.

cnichols

Thanks for the input...I'm going to e-mail Veilside for the exact range...just curious since I had never seen the information posted anywhere before.

sci2000tech
Car: s13.5 RB20DET 'Vert

Be sure to post up what you hear from them.

I am right in the middle of rebuilding a set of Works and just finished pulling them apart so I would be curious as to what Veilside recomends.

BTW, I got those torque specs off a thread from vipstylecars.com. Not trying to link to another forum, just citing my info.

As for the centercaps, I have the same issue. I am missing 3 of them and have not been able to locate replacements. I am planing on making a mold of the one I have and making some out of carbon fiber. It would be much cheaper than having a shop machine new ones. Not sure if it is an option for you since you are missing all of them, but just an idea.

nismo silvia
Car: 91 240sx Coup, 92 240sx Vert

Ya veilside will be able to get you some as long as you have all of the right info on the wheels

owinbush
2009 Nissan Cube

jltibbs wrote:Sorry to thread jack, but Omari, I got my tint guy to agree to order Suntek's 50% blue tint. There's a catch though. Me plus 2-3 more people have to get the job done there. We both know why, it's just a matter of finding people that want to go with the Mercedes blue. Let me know if you here of someone interested.

/thread jack
tibbs hit me up so i can take advantage of this.....how soon is he needing to have the three people ready to go.

BrianHarte
Car: 180sx

As stated, VeilSide cannot get any parts for the wheels, nor can they get new wheels.

Return to “VIP Forum”